Danica: "It's always a good time."
Danica enjoys the challenge of racing on the tightest oval on the IRL circuit. "One thing with the short ovals is that cars change. Tires go off and you're not going straight for very long. When the tires go off, that means that you're struggling. That definitely changes positions and causes for good racing, and that's good for the fans as well as for the drivers to stay entertained. It's always fun to pass people: that always feels good. You just hope you're not on the other side of that. Although she was only able to post the 16th fastest time during Thursday's test session, Patrick remains optimistic. "As a team we're struggling," she said. "We have a lot of things to work out. But as long as I'm making the most of what I have, I'm fine."
Patrick, last year's IRL Rookie of the Year, thinks that the Penske and Ganassi teams will be tough to beat this weekend. "I don't think we're going to be as fast as Penske this year. But never rule us out. We've got a staff of engineers that are working really hard and crunching numbers. To catch them is going to be hard. That's just credit to them for working hard. At some point in time, we were those people. Could they catch us? No, not at times. It switches, it changes. That's what keeps it interesting.
- It's a Party in the RVA: Miller Lite Party Zone Relocates to Midway
- RIR Debuts Turn 3 Terrace, Providing Something for Everyone Before & During TOYOTA OWNERS 400
- Fan Hospitality & Pit Pass Options for April 25 & 26 NASCAR Weekend
- Last Minute Ticket Options for April 25-26 NASCAR Weekend
- NASCAR K&N Pro Series East Drivers Signing Autographs