This Trophy Rocks
"The trophy created by PRS Guitars for the Chevy Rock & Roll 400 is the coolest and most impressive trophy I have ever seen for any sporting event," said track president Doug Fritz. "It's actually more than a trophy, it is a piece of art; one that we will be proud to give away and one that our winner will be proud to have in their collection. The Chevy Rock & Roll 400 is one of the most prestigious races on the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series circuit and PRS Guitars has created a world-class trophy to match."
Last year's Chevy Rock & Roll 400 winner Kurt Busch said, "As soon as I jumped out of the car in victory lane, I noticed the trophy and asked one of the race officials if that was the one I actually got to take home. I couldn't believe it! It's just a really cool trophy¿very unique. It definitely stands out from all the others. And it's the first time I've ever known exactly where I was going to put the trophy the moment I saw it. The trophy definitely is a piece of art. I was cleaning some of the champagne off of it the other night at home, and I started playing the guitar a little bit. I don't know how to play at all, but maybe I can learn a thing or two."
Look for the Chevy Rock & Roll 400 trophy during race weekend. The trophy will be on display at various locations at Richmond International Raceway, prior to its appearance in Gatorade Victory Lane on Saturday night
- NASCAR Industry Comes Together to Thank Fans With RIR Fan Prizes
- NASCAR Driver Kasey Kahne ‘Nailed It’ at Habitat for Humanity
- Richmond International Raceway Continues Kid-Friendly Focus
- Richmond International Raceway Names Michael Waddell Vice President of Marketing and Communications
- Central Virginia Celtic Festival and Highland Games Returns to Richmond International Raceway