Richmond International Raceway's Drive for Life Collects 108 Units of Blood
The NASCAR Foundation's Goal of 2,000 Units Is Met
After a day of fun-filled festivities and a show of community support at Richmond International Raceway, track officials announced today the results of Richmond International Raceway's Drive for Life. The event, which marked the final opportunity of the year to help with the 2006 NASCAR Foundation Blood and Marrow Drive, resulted in 108 units of blood collected and 40 names added to the National Marrow Donor Program Registry of volunteer donors. With the contributions at Richmond International Raceway, The NASCAR Foundation's goal of 2,000 units was reached.
"We are very pleased with the great turnout for Richmond International Raceway's Drive for Life," said track president Doug Fritz. "With this strong show of support, we'll be able to help those in need right here in our community. It is a great honor that the 2,000th unit was collected here in the Greater Richmond Metropolitan Area."
Richmond International Raceway's Drive for Life is a collaborative effort between the track, Virginia Blood Services, the Hendrick Marrow Program, the National Marrow Donor Program, the Jimmie Johnson Foundation and The NASCAR Foundation. Thirteen other tracks on the NASCAR circuit participated earlier in the year.
Every donor at Richmond International Raceway's Drive for Life received souvenir items, a commemorative t-shirt and a pace car ride around Richmond International Raceway's ¾-mile track. Additionally, many prize drawings were conducted throughout the day.
- James Hall, Jr. Named Director of Ticket Sales and Guest Services at Richmond International Raceway
- Richmond International Raceway Preparing for Action-Packed 2017
- Hometown Hero Hamlin Wins at Richmond International Raceway
- Kyle Busch Dominates the Virginia529 College Savings Plan 250 at Richmond International Raceway
- Virginia Native Denny Hamlin Will Lead the Field to Green During the Federated Auto Parts 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Race