Richmond International Raceway Teams Up With Junior Achievement for NASCAR Day
Richmond International Raceway will serve as a prime location for fans wishing to purchase NASCAR Day pins for the sixth annual NASCAR Day. Donations will be accepted at the ticket office, located at
NASCAR fans, corporations, schools and organizations across the country are encouraged to donate $5 and all participants receive a collectible NASCAR Day 2009 lapel pin for their donation. For those who are unable to come to Richmond International Raceway, donations are also accepted online at foundation.nascar.com (use promotional code
“Richmond International Raceway is glad to once again accept donations for NASCAR Day,” said track president Doug Fritz. “We are extremely happy to know that fifty percent of the donations at Richmond International Raceway will benefit Junior Achievement of Central Virginia while the other half will go to The NASCAR Foundation. I know I’ll be wearing my NASCAR Day pin on May 15, and I hope our fans will do the same.”
On May 15, the date for NASCAR Day 2009, fans are encouraged to wear their NASCAR Day lapel pin along with their favorite NASCAR gear.
NASCAR Day, an annual, charitable celebration of the spirit of NASCAR fans, last year raised $1.8 million for designated charitable programs and The NASCAR Foundation, which supports a wide range of charitable initiatives that reflect the core values of the NASCAR Family.
About Junior Achievement of
Junior Achievement of Central Virginia brings role models from the business community into the classroom to help each child understand and believe in their potential to succeed. Last year, 19,000 students from 133 schools throughout greater
About The NASCAR Foundation:
The NASCAR Foundation embodies the compassion of the NASCAR Family and our commitment to serving communities. The Foundation supports a wide range of charitable initiatives that reflect the core values of the entire NASCAR Family. The NASCAR Foundation will use the strength of the sport and its people to make a difference in the lives of those who need it most.
style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt">
- Richmond International Raceway Announces Washington Redskin Morgan Moses as Honorary Race Official & Former NASCAR Driver/FOX NASCAR Analyst Kenny Wallace as Honorary Pace Car Driver for the TOYOTA OWNERS 400
- Richmond’s WRVA-AM Celebrates 25 Years as The Commonwealth’s Motor Racing Network Flagship
- Navy F-18’s to Perform Flyover for TOYOTA OWNERS 400 at Richmond International Raceway
- GEICO Partners with Richmond International Raceway for Restart Zone and Campground Sponsorship
- New Track Announce Team Set to Give Voice To Richmond’s Spring NASCAR Race Weekend