Musical Performances Among NASCAR Weekend Highlights
The NASCAR doubleheader weekend at Richmond International Raceway will feature two spectacular National Anthem performances, as well as a free Friday concert on the Midway.
On Friday, May 1, The Charlie Daniels Band—best known for “Devil Went Down to Georgia”—will play a free concert at 5:15 p.m. at the Lipton display area on the midway. Additionally, Charlie Daniels will deliver his rendition of the National Anthem prior to the start of the Lipton Tea 250 NASCAR Nationwide Series race, which is set for a 7:30 p.m. Green Flag time.
The following night, The Commandant’s Own Marine Drum & Bugle Corps will perform their always-stunning rendition of the National Anthem prior to the Saturday, May 2 Crown Royal Presents The Russ Friedman 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race, which is also set for a 7:30 p.m. Green Flag time.
Formed in 1970, the Charlie Daniels Band—which mixes a style of rock/country/bluegrass/blues/gospel—is perhaps best known for their hit song “Devil Went Down to Georgia,” which won a Grammy for Best Country Vocal in 1979. Their 1972 song “Uneasy Rider” climbed to #9 on Billboard in 1973, which really put the Charlie Daniels Band on radar screens of music lovers across the country.
- Richmond International Raceway to Host Inaugural Checkered Flag 5K & Kids Fun Run
- Richmond International Raceway Selects St. John & Partners and PCG SportsDesk Media as New Agencies of Record
- Richmond International Raceway Hosts 13th Annual Community Christmas Tree Lighting
- Richmond International Raceway & AEG Live Announce Exclusive Partnership for The Classic Amphitheater
- Mike Murphy Named Senior Manager of Business Development at Richmond International Raceway