Musical Performances Among NASCAR Weekend Highlights
The NASCAR doubleheader weekend at Richmond International Raceway will feature two spectacular National Anthem performances, as well as a free Friday concert on the Midway.
On Friday, May 1, The Charlie Daniels Band—best known for “Devil Went Down to Georgia”—will play a free concert at 5:15 p.m. at the Lipton display area on the midway. Additionally, Charlie Daniels will deliver his rendition of the National Anthem prior to the start of the Lipton Tea 250 NASCAR Nationwide Series race, which is set for a 7:30 p.m. Green Flag time.
The following night, The Commandant’s Own Marine Drum & Bugle Corps will perform their always-stunning rendition of the National Anthem prior to the Saturday, May 2 Crown Royal Presents The Russ Friedman 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race, which is also set for a 7:30 p.m. Green Flag time.
Formed in 1970, the Charlie Daniels Band—which mixes a style of rock/country/bluegrass/blues/gospel—is perhaps best known for their hit song “Devil Went Down to Georgia,” which won a Grammy for Best Country Vocal in 1979. Their 1972 song “Uneasy Rider” climbed to #9 on Billboard in 1973, which really put the Charlie Daniels Band on radar screens of music lovers across the country.
- Jimmie Johnson & NASA Team Up For an Out of This World Race Day at Richmond International Raceway
- Chase University College Program Arrives at Richmond International Raceway
- Midlothian Athletic Club Partners with Richmond International Raceway for the Inaugural Checkered Flag 5K
- Weezer to Headline iHeart Media Richmond’s XL102 BFD at The Classic Amphitheater at the Richmond Raceway Complex
- Elvis Costello & The Imposters to Play The Classic Amphitheater at the Richmond Raceway Complex