Harvick Leads the Way
Kevin Harvick, driving the Rheem Tankless Water Heater Chevrolet, turned the fastest lap in practice for this evening's Lipton Tea 250 at Richmond International Raceway. Carl Edwards, Mark Martin, Mike Bliss and Kyle Busch rounded out the top 5.
Qualifying for the Lipton Tea 250 kicks off at 4:10pm and looks to be a hotly contested affair. The stars of the NASCAR Nationwide Series were tightly packed as all but one of the 48 entries were covered by less than one second. Kasey Kahne is the defending pole winner, with Chesterfield, Virginia's Denny Hamlin the defending Lipton 250 race winner.
Tickets are available for tonight's Lipton Tea 250 NASCAR Nationwide Series race, set for 7:30 p.m. Charlie Daniels will be singing the National Anthem at pre-race and The Charlie Daniels Band will perform a free midway concert at the Lipton Tea display at 5:15 p.m.
- Matt Kenseth Wins the Federated Auto Parts 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Race at RIR
- Chase Elliott Wins the Virginia529 College Savings Plan 250 NASCAR XFINITY Race
- Joey Logano Runs Away with Department of Veterans Affairs Pole Qualifying
- Kyle Busch Tops the Board in NBC12 Pole Qualifying for the NASCAR XFINITY Series
- Richmond International Raceway Goes Gold to Honor Jeff Gordon and Support Childhood Cancer Awareness