Tea Time for Matt Kenseth
Matt Kenseth drove his CitiFinancial Ford to the pole position (124.821 mph) for tonight's NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) Lipton Tea 250. Kenseth's NNS pole position is the second of his career at Richmond International Raceway (May 2001).
Sharing the front row with Kenseth is Mike Bliss in the Miccosukee Indian Gaming & Resort Chevrolet. Bliss missed winning his first pole position at Richmond by only .009 sec.
Joe Gibbs Racing teammates Kyle Busch (NOS Energy Drink Toyota) and Joey Logano (GameStop/Wii Toyota) share row two, ahead of Mark Martin (Lipton Chevrolet) and Scott Wimmer (StopRepairBills.com Chevrolet). Martin is making his first NASCAR Nationwide Series appearance at Richmond since Sept. 2005, thanks to title sponsor Lipton. The green flag will wave at 7:30pm.
- NASCAR Embarks on Third Annual Race to Green Effort
- How Sweet It Is: M&M’s® Crispy Pole Qualifying at Richmond International Raceway on April 24
- Gwaltney Turn 3 Fun Zone Returns to Richmond International Raceway With More Family Fun
- Two Legendary NASCAR Last Names and a Country Music Star on One Stage at Richmond International Raceway
- Preview NASCAR’s Stars On-Track Before the Green Flag at Richmond International Raceway