Vickers on Crown Royal Pole
Brian Vickers (Red Bull Toyota) will lead the pack to the green flag in Saturday’s CROWN ROYAL Presents The Russ Friedman 400. Vickers drove to his second career (May 2004) Richmond International Raceway pole position with a speed of 127.131 mph. This is the seventh pole of Vickers' 182 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series career, and his second in 2009.
Two-time Richmond winner Jeff Gordon (DuPont Chevrolet) came up just 0.048sec short of the top spot.
Local favorite Denny Hamlin (FedEx Ground) will line up alongside Martin Truex Jr. (Bass Pro Shops/Tracker Boats Chevrolet).This is Hamlins sixth top-10 start of 2009.
- WRVA and MRN Continue to Bring NASCAR To Richmond
- Joey Logano Wins 2015 Daytona 500
- Richmond International Raceway Named 2014 Track Marketing Team of the Year
- High School Photography Class Leads to a 33 Year Career in Motorsports Photography
- Donald “Doc” Jernigan Receives Excellence in Track Services Award