Vickers on Crown Royal Pole
Brian Vickers (Red Bull Toyota) will lead the pack to the green flag in Saturday’s CROWN ROYAL Presents The Russ Friedman 400. Vickers drove to his second career (May 2004) Richmond International Raceway pole position with a speed of 127.131 mph. This is the seventh pole of Vickers' 182 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series career, and his second in 2009.
Two-time Richmond winner Jeff Gordon (DuPont Chevrolet) came up just 0.048sec short of the top spot.
Local favorite Denny Hamlin (FedEx Ground) will line up alongside Martin Truex Jr. (Bass Pro Shops/Tracker Boats Chevrolet).This is Hamlins sixth top-10 start of 2009.
- Richmond International Raceway Honors a NASCAR Legend
- Racing at Richmond – It’s as Simple as Day and Night
- Rusty Wallace Sheds Some Light On Day Racing at RIR
- Matt Kenseth Wins the Federated Auto Parts 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Race at RIR
- Chase Elliott Wins the Virginia529 College Savings Plan 250 NASCAR XFINITY Race