Leffler Fastest in Nationwide Series Practice
An action-packed weekend at Richmond International Raceway started with practice for the NASCAR Nationwide Series Virginia 529 College Savings 250. Nationwide Series regular Jason Leffler (#38 Great Clips/Comcast Toyota) posted the fastest speed of the session. Leffler’s 124.896 mph speed beat out Chesterfield, VA native Denny Hamlin’s (#20 Z-Line Designs/Operation Helmet Toyota) speed of 124.780 mph. Third fastest was Martin Truex Jr. (#1 Miccosukee Indian Gaming & Resort Chevrolet) at 124.683 mph. Rounding out the top 5 were Brad Keselowski (#88 Lipton Chevrolet) and Kevin Harvick (#33 Jimmy John’s Chevrolet).
Kenny Wallace (#28 U.S. Border Patrol Chevrolet) will be making his 800th NASCAR start this evening. This ranks him 17th all-time among the 3,821 drivers who have ever started a race in one of the NASCAR national series.
Qualifying for the NASCAR Nationwide Series Virginia 529 College Savings 250 will begin at 4:05pm.
- Matt Kenseth Wins the Federated Auto Parts 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Race at RIR
- Chase Elliott Wins the Virginia529 College Savings Plan 250 NASCAR XFINITY Race
- Joey Logano Runs Away with Department of Veterans Affairs Pole Qualifying
- Kyle Busch Tops the Board in NBC12 Pole Qualifying for the NASCAR XFINITY Series
- Richmond International Raceway Goes Gold to Honor Jeff Gordon and Support Childhood Cancer Awareness