Leffler Fastest in Nationwide Series Practice
An action-packed weekend at Richmond International Raceway started with practice for the NASCAR Nationwide Series Virginia 529 College Savings 250. Nationwide Series regular Jason Leffler (#38 Great Clips/Comcast Toyota) posted the fastest speed of the session. Leffler’s 124.896 mph speed beat out Chesterfield, VA native Denny Hamlin’s (#20 Z-Line Designs/Operation Helmet Toyota) speed of 124.780 mph. Third fastest was Martin Truex Jr. (#1 Miccosukee Indian Gaming & Resort Chevrolet) at 124.683 mph. Rounding out the top 5 were Brad Keselowski (#88 Lipton Chevrolet) and Kevin Harvick (#33 Jimmy John’s Chevrolet).
Kenny Wallace (#28 U.S. Border Patrol Chevrolet) will be making his 800th NASCAR start this evening. This ranks him 17th all-time among the 3,821 drivers who have ever started a race in one of the NASCAR national series.
Qualifying for the NASCAR Nationwide Series Virginia 529 College Savings 250 will begin at 4:05pm.
- Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe Announces April as Racing Virginia Month
- New Digital Platform, RacingVirginia.com, Set to Propel Motorsports Industry in the Commonwealth
- Jimmie Johnson & NASA Team Up For an Out of This World Race Day at Richmond International Raceway
- Chase University College Program Arrives at Richmond International Raceway
- Midlothian Athletic Club Partners with Richmond International Raceway for the Inaugural Checkered Flag 5K