Hamlin on pole for the Virginia 529 College Savings 250
Denny Hamlin on pole for the Virginia 529 College Savings 250
Denny Hamlin of Chesterfield, Virginia (#20 Z-Line Designs/Operation Helmet Toyota) won the pole position for the Virginia 529 College Savings 250 at Richmond International Raceway during this afternoon’s WRIC-TV8 Pole Qualifying session, with a speed of 124.384 mph.
Hamlin commented, “I’ve been on the pole before and ended up in the fence so hopefully it goes better than that. Kyle (Busch) sets the standard in this series so I hope to be able to keep up with him for 250 laps.”
Starting on the outside of the front row is Hamlin’s Joe Gibbs Racing teammate Kyle Busch (#18 Z-Line Designs/Racing For Kids Toyota) who posted a speed of 124.149 mph. The second row consists of Paul Menard (#98 Richmond/Menards Ford) and Clint Bowyer (#29 Holiday Inn Chevrolet.
Jason Leffler (#38 Great Clips/Comcast Toyota), who currently sits in the 4th position in the championship standings, and had turned the fastest lap in practice, was the first driver to post a qualifying speed. Leffler’s speed of 122.996 mph was good enough for the 14th starting position.
The scenarios and storylines for “One Last Race to Make the Chase” are plentiful and the excitement is at an all-time high for the Chevy Rock & Roll 400 at Richmond International Raceway this Saturday, “under the lights.” Tickets, which start at $40, can be purchased by logging on to www.rir.com or calling 866-455-RACE (7223).
- Richmond International Raceway to Host Inaugural Checkered Flag 5K & Kids Fun Run
- Richmond International Raceway Selects St. John & Partners and PCG SportsDesk Media as New Agencies of Record
- Richmond International Raceway Hosts 13th Annual Community Christmas Tree Lighting
- Richmond International Raceway & AEG Live Announce Exclusive Partnership for The Classic Amphitheater
- Mike Murphy Named Senior Manager of Business Development at Richmond International Raceway