6th Annual Community Tree Lighting This Tuesday, December 1
Everyone Invited to Join Us on December 1 at 7:00 p.m.
Last year the Richmond International Raceway team celebrated with Santa and WRIC's Matt DiNardo.
HOLIDAY TREE FOR THE SIXTH ANNUAL COMMUNITY TREE LIGHTING IS NOW UP!
After carefully scanning the wilderness in the Greater Richmond Metropolitan Area, the Richmond International Raceway Operations Department discovered the perfect tree for the Sixth Annual Community Tree Lighting at America’s Premier Short Track on Tuesday, December 1, at 7:00 p.m.
Earlier this week, the tree was hoisted into a stand for display at the corner of Laburnum Avenue and Richmond-Henrico Turnpike—the front door of the Richmond Raceway Complex. The team has already begun stringing lights and preparing it for the grand illumination on December 1.
Track president Doug Fritz has invited all to attend the Sixth Annual Community Tree Lighting at Richmond International Raceway, as we join together with the community to kick off the holiday season in style. Laburnum Elementary School and the Henrico High School Mighty Marching Warriors will provide musical entertainment. Free hot chocolate and cookies will be provided by the Henrico High School Football Boosters. Tree decorations will be provided by students from Laburnum Elementary and Douglas Wilder Middle School.
Additionally, the track will accept donations for the Marine Toys for Tots and Central Virginia Foodbank. For each donation received here at the track, we will match them, can-for-can and toy-for-toy. So when you give at Richmond International Raceway, it’s like donating twice as much!
Please join us on Tuesday, December 1, at 7:00 p.m. at the corner of Laburnum Avenue and Richmond-Henrico Turnpike for the Sixth Annual Community Tree Lighting. The tree will remain lit each night through December 25.
- Richmond International Raceway Announces Washington Redskin Morgan Moses as Honorary Race Official & Former NASCAR Driver/FOX NASCAR Analyst Kenny Wallace as Honorary Pace Car Driver for the TOYOTA OWNERS 400
- Richmond’s WRVA-AM Celebrates 25 Years as The Commonwealth’s Motor Racing Network Flagship
- Navy F-18’s to Perform Flyover for TOYOTA OWNERS 400 at Richmond International Raceway
- GEICO Partners with Richmond International Raceway for Restart Zone and Campground Sponsorship
- New Track Announce Team Set to Give Voice To Richmond’s Spring NASCAR Race Weekend