Richmond International Raceway to Host Sixth Annual Community Tree Lighting December 1
The Richmond International Raceway staff annually looks forward to the Community Tree Lighting.
RICHMOND INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY TO HOST SIXTH ANNUAL COMMUNITY TREE LIGHTING TUESDAY, DECEMBER 1
Doug Fritz, president of Richmond International Raceway, would like to invite any and all to join him and his staff for the sixth annual Community Tree Lighting Ceremony on Tuesday, December 1 at 7:00 p.m. A festive way to kick off the holiday season, the ceremony features an illumination of the raceway’s holiday tree, music and fun for the entire family. WRIC-TV8 meteorologist Matt DiNardo will serve as master of ceremonies.
The ceremony will take place on Richmond International Raceway’s front yard, located at 600 East Laburnum Avenue (corner of Laburnum Ave. and Richmond-Henrico Turnpike/Meadowbridge Rd.).
Students from Laburnum Elementary School will provide tree decorations and musical entertainment. Students from L. Douglas Wilder Middle School will also provide decorations. The Henrico High School Mighty Marching Warrior Band will perform, as well. Additionally, Henrico High School’s football boosters will be serving complimentary hot chocolate and cookies.
Attendees are also encouraged to bring items for the Central Virginia Foodbank food drive and the Marine Toys for Tots toy drive. Richmond International Raceway will match all food and toy donations received at the track, can-for-can and toy-for-toy.
The holiday tree will remain lit each night through Christmas Day.
- Daniel Hemric Takes the Pole Award for ToyotaCare 250 NASCAR XFINITY Series Race
- Nathan’s Famous Hot Dogs Named the Official Hot Dog of Richmond International Raceway
- Matt Kenseth Will Lead the Field to Green in Sunday’s TOYOTA OWNERS 400
- Nick Meeson Wins Inaugural Checkered Flag 5K Sponsored by Bon Secours & Midlothian Athletic Club at Richmond International Raceway
- Speed Into Science Sponsored by Gene Haas Foundation & M&T Bank Takes Students Into the Science of Racing at Richmond International Raceway