Kyle Busch Wins Pole Award for BUBBA burger 250
Kyle Busch won the Coors Light Pole Award for the BUBBA burger 250.
Kyle Busch drove his #18 Toyota to the Coors Light Pole Award Friday afternoon during NBC-12 Pole Qualifying for tonight’s BUBBA burger 250 NASCAR Nationwide Series race at Richmond International Raceway.
“Sitting on the pole here is fun,” said Busch, commenting on his third career Nationwide Series pole. “We love coming here. We’ve had a good car so far. We want to have a good clean run. Our car seems to run good here.”
Busch will start from the pole Friday in defense of his win in last year’s Spring Nationwide Series race. Busch went to win the Sprint Cup Series race last May as well, completing the Richmond weekend sweep.
Joining Busch on the front row is Reed Sorenson in the #32 Dollar General Toyota with a speed of 123.745mph. Carl Edwards, who had to overcome a slide in Turn 2 on his fast lap, put his #60 Fastenal Ford in the third starting spot with a qualifying speed of 123.683mph.
Rounding out the top five qualifying spots were Brad Keselowski (#22 Ruby Tuesday Dodge, 123.587mph) and Joey Logano (#20 GameStop / Split Second Toyota, 123.508mph).
This is his 19th pole in 182 NASCAR Nationwide Series races.
This is his first pole and eighth top-10 start in 2010.
This is his third pole in 13 races at Richmond International Raceway.
Reed Sorenson (second) posted his third top-10 start of 2010 and his fifth in six races at Richmond International Raceway.
Carl Edwards (third) posted his seventh top10 start at Richmond International Raceway. It is his ninth in nine races this season.
Brian Scott (13th) was the fastest qualifying rookie.
- Richmond International Raceway Hosts 13th Annual Community Christmas Tree Lighting
- Richmond International Raceway & AEG Live Announce Exclusive Partnership for The Classic Amphitheater
- Mike Murphy Named Senior Manager of Business Development at Richmond International Raceway
- Richmond International Raceway Announces New Benefits for Richmond Nation Renewals
- James Hall, Jr. Named Director of Ticket Sales and Guest Services at Richmond International Raceway