Richmond International Raceway Idol: Do You Have What It Takes to Perform National Anthem Prior to Virginia 529 College Savings 250?
Competition Will Feature August Performances at Richmond’s Short Pump Town Center
Local talent April Lee has sung the National Anthem at Richmond International Raceway several times. Could YOU be next?
Those who are selected, through a submission process, will be required to perform a song of their choice at Short Pump Town Center in Richmond on either Friday, August 13 or Friday, August 20. Judges will rate performances, with finalists selected to perform in the finale on Friday, August 27. Solo and group vocalists, as well as instrumental performances will be considered.
Contestants may enter one of two ways:
- By submitting their acapella rendition of the National Anthem to Richmond International Raceway electronically (via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or on CD (via mail to Richmond International Raceway, Attn: National Anthem Contest, 600 E. Laburnum Ave., Richmond, VA 23222). Submissions must be received by August 6.
- Attend open auditions at Short Pump Town Center on Friday, August 6, at 6:00 p.m. Contestants will be required to perform a song of their choice on stage for judging. Spaces are limited for the open auditions, so contestants are urged to submit their National Anthem rendition prior, in order to secure a spot in the competition on August 13th.
For complete rules, click here.
Visit Short Pump Town Center’s Main Plaza each Friday in August (6:00 to 8:00 p.m.) for Richmond International Raceway’s National Anthem Contest. The evening will feature contestants performing songs, in hopes of earning the chance of a lifetime—to perform the National Anthem at America’s Premier Short Track on Friday, September 10, prior to the Virginia 529 College Savings 250 NASCAR Nationwide Series race.
NASCAR returns to Richmond International Raceway September 10-11 for one of the most anticipated race weekends of the season, highlighted by the Saturday, September 11, “One Last Race to Make The Chase” NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race “under the lights.” This race is the final event before the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup. Once the checkered flag drops, the field will be set for the 2010 championship. Tickets for Saturday, September 11, start at $40 and can be purchased by clicking here or by calling 866-455-RACE (7223).
The weekend begins on Friday, September 10, with a full day of on-track activity, highlighted by the Virginia 529 College Savings 250 NASCAR Nationwide Series race “under the lights.” Friday’s ticket includes Fas Mart Pole Qualifying and practice for the Sprint Cup Series, as well as WRIC-TV8 Pole Qualifying and practice for the Nationwide Series. Tickets start at $30 and can be purchased by clicking here. Children 12 and under are admitted free with a ticketed adult in general admission sections on Friday only.
- Richmond International Raceway to Host Daytona Day Watch Party on Sunday
- Virginia Native Gray Gaulding Takes Over RIR Social Channels at Speedweeks at Daytona
- Richmond International Raceway Unveils New Marketing Campaign “Chaos At Every Corner”
- Stage Lengths Announced for Richmond International Raceway April and September Weekends
- RIR Cares’ Day of Giving Awards Deserving Organizations with Grants