Kevin Harvick Wins Coors Light Pole Award for Tonight's Virginia 529 College Savings 250
Harvick turned a lap of 123.990 mph in the first appearance of the NASCAR Nationwide Series new car at Richmond International Raceway.
“It’s been a great weekend for us so far,” said Harvick. “[The new cars] seem pretty racy here.”
With somewhat of a level playing in the new cars, the entire field set clocked qualifying times within one second of Harvick.
Clint Bowyer (#21 Zaxby’s Chevrolet) will line up second for this evening’s Virginia 529 College Savings 250 after posting a speed of 123.887 mph. The second row sees NASCAR Nationwide Series points leader Brad Keselowski (#22 Ruby Tuesday Dodge) next to Carl Edwards (#60 Copart Ford). Chesterfield, Virginia’s Denny Hamlin (#20 Z-Line Toyota) rounds out the top five.
Kyle Busch (#18 Toyota Kimmy/Z-Line Designs Toyota) will start sixth and is shooting for his 11th victory of the season in Friday’s Virginia 529 College Savings 250. He currently shares the single-season record for NASCAR Nationwide Series victories with Sam Ard, who set the mark in 1983. Busch matched that record in 2008, but now has 9 more chances to set a new record. Busch won the Spring Nationwide Series race here in May.
Tickets at the gate on Friday are $35 (General Admission) and $45 (Reserved). To purchase tickets call 866-455-RACE (7223) or log on to www.rir.com.
The Post-9/11 GI Bill NASCAR Weekend at Richmond continues on Saturday night with the Air Guard 400, which is “One Last Race to Make The Chase.” Tickets are available for the Air Guard 400. For tickets and information, click here or call 866-455-7223.
- Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe Announces April as Racing Virginia Month
- New Digital Platform, RacingVirginia.com, Set to Propel Motorsports Industry in the Commonwealth
- Jimmie Johnson & NASA Team Up For an Out of This World Race Day at Richmond International Raceway
- Chase University College Program Arrives at Richmond International Raceway
- Midlothian Athletic Club Partners with Richmond International Raceway for the Inaugural Checkered Flag 5K