NASCAR Nationwide Series Testing New Cars on Thursday; Driver Autograph Session to Follow
September 9th Events Kick Off Post-9/11 GI Bill NASCAR Weekend at Richmond
Kyle Bush (#18) battles with Carl Edwards (#60) at Michigan in the new Nationwide Series car.
NASCAR Nationwide Series drivers will test the new car in preparation for Friday night’s Virginia 529 College Savings 250 race “under the lights” at America’s Premier Short Track. The race marks the third event this season of the new car, featuring the new models—Ford Mustang and Dodge Challenger, as well as the sportier models of the Chevrolet Impala and Toyota Camry.
Richmond International Raceway is opening up limited grandstands at 8:45 a.m. at no charge for fans to view practice, which runs from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Fans may access the grandstands at Gate 40 only and enter the property at Gate 4, located on Laburnum Avenue. Parking Lot D only opens at 8:30 a.m.
Following the test session, many of the drivers will participate in an autograph session in the Amphitheater at 4:30 p.m. The first 250 fans in line at Gate 40 at 3:00 p.m. will receive wristbands, allowing them access to the autograph session. Currently, the following drivers are scheduled to participate:
· Kenny Wallace
· Paul Menard
· Joe Nemechek
· Trevor Bayne
· Reed Sorenson
· Jason Leffler
· Brian Scott
· Brendan Gaughan
· Ryan Truex
· Morgan Shepherd
· Michael Annett
· Tayler Malsam
· Coleman Pressley
The NASCAR Nationwide Series new car test session is a prelude to the Friday, September 10 Virginia 529 College Savings 250 race “under the lights.” Tickets are on sale now and start at $30 for General Admission seating. Advance reserved seats are $40. Tickets at the gate on Friday are $35 (General Admission) and $45 (Reserved). Children 12 and under are admitted free with a ticketed adult in general admission sections on Friday only. The Post-9/11 GI Bill NASCAR Weekend at Richmond continues on Saturday night with the Air Guard 400, which is “One Last Race to Make The Chase.” Tickets are available for the Air Guard 400, with a limited number of $40 tickets still remaining. For tickets and information to both races, call 866-455-7223.
- Richmond International Raceway Announces Washington Redskin Morgan Moses as Honorary Race Official & Former NASCAR Driver/FOX NASCAR Analyst Kenny Wallace as Honorary Pace Car Driver for the TOYOTA OWNERS 400
- Richmond’s WRVA-AM Celebrates 25 Years as The Commonwealth’s Motor Racing Network Flagship
- Navy F-18’s to Perform Flyover for TOYOTA OWNERS 400 at Richmond International Raceway
- GEICO Partners with Richmond International Raceway for Restart Zone and Campground Sponsorship
- New Track Announce Team Set to Give Voice To Richmond’s Spring NASCAR Race Weekend