Watch Daytona Testing Live Online
Fans Invited to Watch First Official Runs of 2011
The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series takes to Daytona International Speedway Thursday through Saturday for testing.
Fans may log on to the site during the three-day test session at Daytona International Speedway—the first official engine firings of 2011. Teams participating in Preseason Thunder at Daytona will use the time to prepare for both the 53rd Daytona 500 on Sunday, February 20 and the track’s new asphalt surface.
"The upcoming test at Daytona should go a long way in helping the teams get their setups right for next month’s Speedweeks,” said Robin Pemberton, NASCAR’s vice president of competition. “We received a lot of positive feedback from the competitors about the new racing surface at Daytona following the Goodyear tire test last month. We believe the 53rd running of the Daytona 500 has all the makings of being the most exciting one we’ve seen.”
The test is scheduled to run each day, Thursday through Saturday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET daily, weather permitting, with a noon-1 p.m. lunch break each day. The SPEED TV broadcast schedule is also available here.
NASCAR returns to Richmond International Raceway April 28-30 for a Tripleheader Weekend, highlighted by the Crown Royal Presents The Your Name Here 400 Sprint Cup Series race on Saturday, April 30. Tickets start at $45 and can be purchased by clicking here or by calling 866-455-RACE (7223).
The weekend also features a full day of on-track activity on Friday, April 29, with the BUBBA burger 250 NASCAR Nationwide Series race “under the lights,” as well as practice and pole qualifying for both the Sprint Cup and Nationwide Series. Friday’s tickets start at $30 in advance. Children 12 and under are admitted free with a ticketed adult in general admission sections on Friday.
Thursday, April 28 marks the debut of the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East race at America’s Premier Short Track. All tickets are general admission and $10. Children 12 and under are admitted free with a ticketed adult.
- Richmond International Raceway Announces Washington Redskin Morgan Moses as Honorary Race Official & Former NASCAR Driver/FOX NASCAR Analyst Kenny Wallace as Honorary Pace Car Driver for the TOYOTA OWNERS 400
- Richmond’s WRVA-AM Celebrates 25 Years as The Commonwealth’s Motor Racing Network Flagship
- Navy F-18’s to Perform Flyover for TOYOTA OWNERS 400 at Richmond International Raceway
- GEICO Partners with Richmond International Raceway for Restart Zone and Campground Sponsorship
- New Track Announce Team Set to Give Voice To Richmond’s Spring NASCAR Race Weekend