Spring NASCAR Weekend Tickets On Sale Friday Morning
Wider Seats, Larger Coolers Highlight New Policies for 2011 Season
Kyle Busch has won the last two Spring Sprint Cup Series races at Richmond.
Tickets for Richmond International Raceway’s April 28-30 NASCAR tripleheader weekend are on sale now. To purchase seats, click here, call 866-455-RACE (7223) or visit the ticket office at 600 E. Laburnum Ave., Richmond, VA 23222. Ticket office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Additionally, fans who purchase tickets Friday at the ticket office will receive a complimentary Richmond International Raceway souvenir from past race events.
This season features four new policies:
Larger Coolers Permitted: Fans are permitted to enter the grandstands with soft-sided coolers measuring up to 14 x 14 x 14 inches—six times the size of coolers that were previously allowed at America’s Premier Short Track. Fans may continue to bring in their own food and beverages.
New Backpack Policy: Fans may now utilize lightweight backpacks or daypacks, approximately 17 inches in length, similar to those used by school students.
Wider Seats: Nearly all of Richmond International Raceway’s grandstand seats now measure 22 inches wide.
- Non-Smoking Grandstands: Smoking is not allowed in and in front of the grandstands, or in portals leading to seating. Smoking is permitted underneath and behind the grandstands, on the Midway, in all parking lots, among other areas.
The Saturday, April 30 Crown Royal Presents The Your Name Here 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race marks hometown hero Denny Hamlin’s return to Richmond International Raceway following his runner-up finish in the 2010 Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup. Hamlin will attempt to win back-to-back races at America’s Premier Short Track following his victory on September 11, 2010.
Kyle Busch, the two-time defending spring race champion, will defend his title against the likes of five-time series champion Jimmie Johnson, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Hamlin, Tony Stewart and all the stars of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. Tickets start at $45.
The Spring 2011 NASCAR Tripleheader Weekend begins with the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East race on Thursday, April 28, followed by the BUBBA burger 250 NASCAR Nationwide Series race “under the lights” on Friday, April 29. Friday’s events include practice and pole qualifying for both the NASCAR Sprint Cup and NASCAR Nationwide Series.
All seats for Thursday’s race are general admission and $10. Tickets for Friday’s events start at $30 in advance. Children 12 and under are admitted free with a ticketed adult in general admission seating on Thursday and Friday.
- Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe Announces April as Racing Virginia Month
- New Digital Platform, RacingVirginia.com, Set to Propel Motorsports Industry in the Commonwealth
- Jimmie Johnson & NASA Team Up For an Out of This World Race Day at Richmond International Raceway
- Chase University College Program Arrives at Richmond International Raceway
- Midlothian Athletic Club Partners with Richmond International Raceway for the Inaugural Checkered Flag 5K