Three Straight in the Spring for Kyle Busch
Busch Wins Crown Royal Presents The Matthew & Daniel Hansen 400
Busch, who needed a push to Gatorade Victory Lane after running out of fuel following his burnout, picked up his 21st career Cup win and eighth of the season in NASCAR's top three series.
“It’s so fun to win Sprint Cup races," Busch said. "This car was great tonight. We knew that we could play through traffic better than Denny. It was tough on everyone with the tires this week, but we were the best of them all. We like coming to this place and always seem to have a good racecar here.”
Hamlin, who notched his best finish of the season, was looking to go 3-for-3 on the weekend in his hometown, having already won the Denny Hamlin Short Track Showdown on Thursday and the BUBBA Burger 250 on Friday.
“It was a good night," Hamlin said. "We knew the 18 was going to be good tonight. It burns not to win, but I can live with how we didn’t win. They are so good here in the spring race. My strategy was to take it easy at the beginning of that last run, but I didn’t have enough grip to pull him in. It was important to have a smooth race tonight. We were so equal tonight. He was better on restarts and could just set his pace from the front. I only got beat by my teammate.”
Kasey Kahne also recorded his best finish of the season to round out the top three.
“It was nice to get a top 5," Kahne said. "It was a tough track, slippery for all of us. We had great pit stops tonight. The Joe Gibbs Racing guys were faster than us today, but we were able to beat the rest of the guys who were in that 3-4-5-6 position. I got lucky in that big wreck.”
Roush Fenway Racing teammates David Ragan and Carl Edwards filled out the top five, respectively. Edwards took over the points lead with his fifth top-five finish of the season.
- Richmond International Raceway Hosts 13th Annual Community Christmas Tree Lighting
- Richmond International Raceway & AEG Live Announce Exclusive Partnership for The Classic Amphitheater
- Mike Murphy Named Senior Manager of Business Development at Richmond International Raceway
- Richmond International Raceway Announces New Benefits for Richmond Nation Renewals
- James Hall, Jr. Named Director of Ticket Sales and Guest Services at Richmond International Raceway