Carl Edwards Wins Pole Award for BUBBA burger 250
Edwards’ speed of 125.045mph beat the 124.844mph speed of Sam Hornish, Jr. who achieved a NASCAR career-best starting position. Brian Scott will start from the inside of row 2 alongside Aric Almirola. Season point leader Justin Allgaier was fifth fastest and will start on the inside of row 3 along with Paul Menard.
Local favorite Denny Hamlin was on pace to set the fastest lap when he slid up the track and clipped the outside wall in Turn 4. The impact slowed him just enough for him to claim the 11th starting position. He will start one spot ahead of defending BUBBA Burger 250 champion Brad Keselowski.
“We’ve got a fast Mustang," Edwards said." It’s a blast to run these races. I’m enjoying it. [This is] my seventh full time season. I’ll be watching my mirror because I know Denny (Hamlin) will be coming.”
- Richmond International Raceway to Host Daytona Day Watch Party on Sunday
- Virginia Native Gray Gaulding Takes Over RIR Social Channels at Speedweeks at Daytona
- Richmond International Raceway Unveils New Marketing Campaign “Chaos At Every Corner”
- Stage Lengths Announced for Richmond International Raceway April and September Weekends
- RIR Cares’ Day of Giving Awards Deserving Organizations with Grants