New Track President Addresses the Fans
New RIR President Dennis Bickmeier Addresses the Fans
I am honored to be the new track president here at Richmond International Raceway. I look forward to meeting as many of you as I can, and interacting with you on event weekends and at other functions throughout the year.
Richmond fans have a great reputation as the most passionate in motorsports, and I look forward, along with the team here, to seeing that pride show once again as NASCAR returns for the “One Last Race to Make The Chase” NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race “under the lights” September 10 and the NASCAR Nationwide Series Virginia 529 College Savings 250 on September 9.
As I transition here, I will be looking for feedback from the fans, sponsors, staff, community leaders and industry representatives on what we do well and what can be improved. Input will be key in helping us chart the future direction of RIR, a track steeped in tradition and excellence, which we will continue to honor.
I can commit to you that we will be tireless in our effort to deliver a quality, fan-friendly event experience. I know fans have tough choices to make with their dollars, and we appreciate the commitment our fans make to us.
As an active community participant and a great cheerleader for Richmond International Raceway and the State of Virginia, everywhere I go is very important to me. I can’t wait to get out and explore all the area has to offer; but for now, it’s all systems go for the September NASCAR doubleheader weekend.
Thank you for having me as part of your racing family!
- Matt Kenseth Wins the Federated Auto Parts 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Race at RIR
- Chase Elliott Wins the Virginia529 College Savings Plan 250 NASCAR XFINITY Race
- Joey Logano Runs Away with Department of Veterans Affairs Pole Qualifying
- Kyle Busch Tops the Board in NBC12 Pole Qualifying for the NASCAR XFINITY Series
- Richmond International Raceway Goes Gold to Honor Jeff Gordon and Support Childhood Cancer Awareness