Richmond International Raceway to Install SAFER Barriers on Backstretch of America’s Premier Short Track
SAFER barriers will be installed in time for the September “One Last Race to Make The Chase” NASCAR weekend at Richmond International Raceway. The new SAFER barriers will cover the entire length of the inside backstretch wall, which is more than 900 feet.
“The safety of all who attend our events, including the drivers, is important at Richmond International Raceway,” said track president Doug Fritz. “We will always be reviewing our facility and continue to look at ways to improve on the experience of our fans and the drivers.”
The walls are currently being fabricated by GT Grandstands, Inc., a Plant City, Florida company. Installation of the SAFER barriers will begin as soon as they arrive in Richmond. Cheaha Construction LLC of Munford, Alabama will oversee the installation process.
NASCAR returns to Richmond International Raceway September 9-10 for a doubleheader weekend "under the lights." The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers will battle in the "One Last Race to Make The Chase" on Saturday, September 10. Advance tickets start at $45 and can be purchased by clicking here or calling 866-455-7223.
The weekend begins on Friday, September 9, with a full day of on-track activity, including the Virginia 529 College Savings 250 NASCAR Nationwide Series race. Friday's ticket also includes Fas Mart Pole Qualifying and practice for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, as well as WRIC-TV8 Pole Qualifying and practice for the NASCAR Nationwide Series. Friday's advance tickets start at $30, with children 12 and younger admitted free with a ticketed adult in general admission sections. For tickets and information, click here or call 866-455-7223.
- Richmond International Raceway to Host Inaugural Checkered Flag 5K & Kids Fun Run
- Richmond International Raceway Selects St. John & Partners and PCG SportsDesk Media as New Agencies of Record
- Richmond International Raceway Hosts 13th Annual Community Christmas Tree Lighting
- Richmond International Raceway & AEG Live Announce Exclusive Partnership for The Classic Amphitheater
- Mike Murphy Named Senior Manager of Business Development at Richmond International Raceway