Crank It Up! Richmond International Raceway Debuting New Public Address System at September NASCAR Weekend
Latest Fan Amenity in the Track’s Commitment to the Guest Experience
Fans will enjoy the new PA system at Richmond International Raceway September 9-10 for the "One Last Race to Make The Chase" Weekend
When fans return to Richmond International Raceway September 9-10 for NASCAR’s “One Last Race to Make The Chase” weekend, they will experience an uncompromisingly audible and clear aural experience with the track’s new, state-of-the-art public address system.
Installation of the new sound system began this summer and will be complete in time for the Wonderful Pistachios 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race on Saturday, September 10 and the Virginia 529 College Savings 250 NASCAR Nationwide Series race on Friday, September 9.
Fans at Richmond International Raceway will now receive an even better overall experience. The best sound system in motorsports couples with the best Video Scoring Tower, providing an ideal audio/visual package. The new PA system includes fixed, permanent speakers, replacing the temporary speakers previously utilized at the track.
Specifics of the new sound system at Richmond International Raceway:
· 541 speakers in 346 locations
· 270,000 watts available to drive the sound system
· Four-channel amplifier delivering 2,500 watts per channel (10,000 total watts)
· Sound operators can communicate and monitor amplifiers through the audio network
The sound system is operated by Parsons, which has done work at Major League Baseball (MLB), National Hockey League (NHL) and college football stadiums.
The new public address system is the latest capital improvement project at Richmond International Raceway. Track officials have invested more than $11 million in the fan experience since 2010.
Fans will experience all the sights and sounds of NASCAR excitement at Richmond International Raceway September 9-10 for the “One Last Race to Make The Chase” weekend. Saturday’s Wonderful Pistachios 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race is one of the most anticipated events of the year, as the race sets the field for the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup. Advance tickets start at $45 and can be purchased by clicking here or by calling 866-455-7223.
The weekend begins Friday, September 9, with a full day of on-track activity, highlighted by the Virginia 529 College Savings 250 NASCAR Nationwide Series race “under the lights.” A great option for the family, Friday’s tickets start at $30 in advance, with children 12 and younger admitted free with a ticketed adult in general admission sections.
- Richmond International Raceway Hosts 13th Annual Community Christmas Tree Lighting
- Richmond International Raceway & AEG Live Announce Exclusive Partnership for The Classic Amphitheater
- Mike Murphy Named Senior Manager of Business Development at Richmond International Raceway
- Richmond International Raceway Announces New Benefits for Richmond Nation Renewals
- James Hall, Jr. Named Director of Ticket Sales and Guest Services at Richmond International Raceway