Drive the Track for a Good Cause at Richmond International Raceway
RIR Cares Track Laps Fundraiser Allows Fans to Turn Laps in Their Personal Vehicles
For the first time, fans can drive their cars around RIR's track for a donation to RIR Cares
How would you like to drive around the track that has hosted NASCAR’s biggest and brightest stars over the past 60 years? Now’s your chance, as Richmond International Raceway introduces its RIR Cares Track Laps fundraiser where fans can drive their personal vehicles around the ¾-mile oval in exchange for a $20 donation to Richmond International Raceway Cares—the track’s charitable account that assists nonprofits throughout the Greater Richmond Metropolitan Area.
Each month, Richmond International Raceway will open its gates for fans to drive five laps around the track during a designated time. Fans must sign up in advance by clicking here. The scheduled dates are:
Wednesday, March 7 12:00 p.m.
Wednesday, April 4 12:00 p.m.
Wednesday, May 9 5:00 p.m.
Sunday, June 10 12:00 p.m.
Wednesday, July 11 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday, August 15 12:00 p.m.
Wednesday, September 26 5:00 p.m.
Sunday, October 14 12:00 p.m.
- To participate, drivers must be 18 years of age or older with a valid state-issued driver’s license.
- Maximum speed is 55 mph, and drivers must stay behind the Pace Car
- Seatbelts must be worn at all times
- Laps may be postponed due to inclement weather.
- Motorcycles are permitted.
- RIR has the right to cancel any date it deems necessary due to weather or safety conditions. If a cancellation is necessary, RIR will make best effort to contact guests in advance of their visit
- Please contact us at 804-228-7500 or email@example.com if you have any questions
Richmond International Raceway assisted nonprofits in raising more than $300,000 through donations and volunteer opportunities in 2011.
- NASCAR Industry Comes Together to Thank Fans With RIR Fan Prizes
- NASCAR Driver Kasey Kahne ‘Nailed It’ at Habitat for Humanity
- Richmond International Raceway Continues Kid-Friendly Focus
- Richmond International Raceway Names Michael Waddell Vice President of Marketing and Communications
- Central Virginia Celtic Festival and Highland Games Returns to Richmond International Raceway