Fans Flock To Richmond International Raceway For Sixth Annual Virginia Blood Services Blood Drive
“We had a great turnout for Richmond International Raceway’s Drive for Life,” said track president Dennis Bickmeier. “With this show of support, we’ll be able to help those in need right here in our area. Richmond International Raceway is proud to be part of such an outstanding community.”
Richmond International Raceway’s Drive for Life is a collaborative effort between the track and Virginia Blood Services. With the completion of yesterday’s event, Richmond International Raceway has helped collect more than 600 units of blood for the Virginia Blood Services since 2007.
Each donor at Richmond International Raceway’s Drive for Life received a pace car ride around Richmond International Raceway’s ¾-mile track and one lucky donor came away with a pair of tickets to the September 8th NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Federated Auto Parts 400. Additionally, everyone that participated was entered into the Virginia Blood Service’s Summer Survival 2012 weekly raffle for a $500 VISA gift card
Summer is still the most critical time of year for blood donations, with 1 in 7 individuals entering the hospital needing blood. For individuals still interested and eligible to donate blood, visit vablood.org to schedule an appointment at the nearest donor center.
Click here to purchase tickets for the Saturday, September 8, Federated Auto Parts 400 race and Saturday Pit Pass Upgrade, or call the ticket office at 866-455-7223. One of the most anticipated races of the season, the event marks “One Last Race to Make The Chase.” The Federated Auto Parts 400 will set the field for the 2012 Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup. Advance tickets start at $45.
The weekend begins on Friday, September 7, with a full day of on-track activity, including the Virginia 529 College Savings 250 NASCAR Nationwide Series race. Children 12 and younger are admitted free with a ticketed adult on Friday. Advance tickets start at $30 and can be purchased by clicking here or calling 866-455-7223.
- Richmond International Raceway Announces Washington Redskin Morgan Moses as Honorary Race Official & Former NASCAR Driver/FOX NASCAR Analyst Kenny Wallace as Honorary Pace Car Driver for the TOYOTA OWNERS 400
- Richmond’s WRVA-AM Celebrates 25 Years as The Commonwealth’s Motor Racing Network Flagship
- Navy F-18’s to Perform Flyover for TOYOTA OWNERS 400 at Richmond International Raceway
- GEICO Partners with Richmond International Raceway for Restart Zone and Campground Sponsorship
- New Track Announce Team Set to Give Voice To Richmond’s Spring NASCAR Race Weekend