#RVALovesRacing Campaign to Kick Off Race Week in Richmond With Digital Billboards Featuring Tweets
Fans Encouraged to Tweet About Race Week as @NASCAR Returns to #RVA
Use #RVALovesRacing in all your tweets about race week in Richmond!
For decades, we’ve all known that Richmond (RVA) loves racing of all sorts, but especially NASCAR, considering this is the seventh decade Richmond International Raceway has hosted the top motorsports series in the country. Now in technologically-enhanced 2012, Richmonders are encouraged to show their racing spirit on Twitter, using #RVALovesRacing in their tweets about race week in Richmond.
Six digital billboards in the Richmond area will display a different tweet each day, September 2-8, which features the #RVALovesRacing hashtag. The billboard locations are:
- I-64 West, just east of the Staples Mill Road exit
- 7912 W. Broad Street
- I-195 North, just south of the I-64/I-95 interchange
- Laburnum Avenue, heading west, just east of Richmond International Raceway
- Mechanicsville Turnpike near Interstate 64
It’s never too early to start your #RVALovesRacing tweets, so go ahead and spread the word now. We’ll be monitoring the hashtag to include your tweets that just might show up on these billboards.
NASCAR returns to Richmond International Raceway September 7-8 for the “One Last Race to Make The Chase” weekend, featuring the Federated Auto Parts 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race. This is the final event before the field is set for the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup. You can experience the excitement with advance tickets starting at $45, which can be purchased by clicking here or calling 866-455-7223.
The weekend begins on Friday, September 7, with a full day of on-track excitement, including the Virginia 529 College Savings 250 NASCAR Nationwide Series race. The best of the Nationwide Series will mix it up with Sprint Cup drivers running double-duty. Tickets start at $30 and can be purchased by clicking here or calling 866-455-7223. Children 12 and younger are admitted free in general admission sections with a ticketed adult.
- James Hall, Jr. Named Director of Ticket Sales and Guest Services at Richmond International Raceway
- Richmond International Raceway Preparing for Action-Packed 2017
- Hometown Hero Hamlin Wins at Richmond International Raceway
- Kyle Busch Dominates the Virginia529 College Savings Plan 250 at Richmond International Raceway
- Virginia Native Denny Hamlin Will Lead the Field to Green During the Federated Auto Parts 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Race