Join Us for Our 9th Annual Christmas Tree Lighting on Tuesday, December 4
On December 4, at 6:30 p.m., we'll light the Christmas tree after musical performances by local students.
The holiday season is just around the corner and Richmond International Raceway is ringing in the most joyous time of year at its Ninth Annual Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony on Tuesday, December 4 at 6:30 p.m. The festive evening includes an illumination of the track’s Christmas tree, music and fun for the entire family and a visit from the jolly old elf.
The event takes place on Richmond International Raceway’s front yard, located at 600 East Laburnum Avenue (corner of Laburnum Ave. and Richmond-Henrico Turnpike/Meadowbridge Rd.).
Students from Laburnum Elementary School will provide tree decorations and musical entertainment. Students from L. Douglas Wilder Middle School will also provide decorations. The Henrico High School Mighty Marching Warrior Band will perform, as well. Additionally, Henrico High School’s football boosters will serve complimentary hot chocolate and cookies.
Attendees are encouraged to bring items for the Central Virginia Foodbank food drive and the Marine Toys for Tots toy drive. Richmond International Raceway will match all food and toy donations received at the track, can-for-can and toy-for-toy.
The Christmas tree will remain lit each night through Christmas Day.
Tickets for the April 26-27 NASCAR weekend at Richmond International Raceway go on sale Friday, December 7. NASCAR Sprint Cup Series tickets, including seats in Turns 1 & 4, start at $45 in advance. The weekend begins on Friday, April 26, with a full day of on-track activity, including the NASCAR Nationwide Series race “under the lights.” Friday’s tickets start at $30 in advance, with children 12 and younger admitted free with a ticketed adult in general admission.
- Richmond International Raceway to Host Inaugural Checkered Flag 5K & Kids Fun Run
- Richmond International Raceway Selects St. John & Partners and PCG SportsDesk Media as New Agencies of Record
- Richmond International Raceway Hosts 13th Annual Community Christmas Tree Lighting
- Richmond International Raceway & AEG Live Announce Exclusive Partnership for The Classic Amphitheater
- Mike Murphy Named Senior Manager of Business Development at Richmond International Raceway