New Features Added to Free Mobile App
Enhanced mobile app available for FREE download on most Apple and Android devices
RIR's free mobile app, which launched earlier this year, is better than ever!
Richmond International Raceway is expanding its commitment to the fan experience through mobile devices. The track launched a new Multiple View Menu Formatting on the FREE RIR mobile app. This new, user-friendly menu format will minimize scrolling and allow for convenient access to essential race weekend information. The RIR mobile app is available for download on most Apple and Android devices.
In addition to the new menu format, the RIR mobile app now sports an interactive Postcard Photo feature. This new feature allows fans to take photos directly through the app, with a variety of Richmond International Raceway themed backgrounds. Once a photo is taken, it can be instantly emailed or saved on the phone to be shared with others.
Other key features include:
- Customizable schedule with information on all the important happenings taking place, including driver appearances, track schedules, and gate times.
- Interactive GPS facility map with search capabilities, giving fans the ability to find the nearest restrooms, places to eat, souvenir trailers and more
- Ability to login to your social networking accounts to stay in the loop through RIR’s Facebook, Twitter and RSS News feeds
- Detailed Midway and parking maps and seating charts
- Google directions
- First aid, Guest Services and ATM locations
- Connect with and locate friends at the race via “Friend Finder.”
- Push notifications to instantly relay important information
“After a successful mobile app launch in April, our team listened to feedback and worked hard to improve on an already outstanding guest services amenity,” said RIR President Dennis Bickmeier. “Right from their fingertips, fans can access the most up-to-date and important information to help them create a thrilling, memorable and unparalleled guest experience at Richmond International Raceway.”
To download the Richmond International Raceway app, scan the image below:
NASCAR returns to Richmond International Raceway September 7-8 for the “One Last Race to Make The Chase” weekend, featuring the Federated Auto Parts 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race. This is the final event before the field is set for the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup. You can experience the excitement with advance tickets starting at $45, which can be purchased by clicking here or calling 866-455-7223.
The weekend begins on Friday, September 7, with a full day of on-track excitement, including the Virginia 529 College Savings 250 NASCAR Nationwide Series race. The best of the Nationwide Series will mix it up with Sprint Cup drivers running double-duty. Tickets start at $30 and can be purchased by clicking here or calling 866-455-7223. Children 12 and younger are admitted free in general admission sections with a ticketed adult.
- NASCAR Industry Comes Together to Thank Fans With RIR Fan Prizes
- NASCAR Driver Kasey Kahne ‘Nailed It’ at Habitat for Humanity
- Richmond International Raceway Continues Kid-Friendly Focus
- Richmond International Raceway Names Michael Waddell Vice President of Marketing and Communications
- Central Virginia Celtic Festival and Highland Games Returns to Richmond International Raceway