Drive the Track for a Good Cause at Richmond International Raceway
RIR Cares Track Laps Fundraiser Allows Fans to Turn Laps in Their Personal Vehicles
RIR Cares Track Laps is back by popular demand. Drive your personal vehicle around the track for a donation!
Back by popular demand, the RIR Cares Track Laps program is returning for its second season at Richmond International Raceway. This is your chance to drive your personal vehicle around the ¾-mile oval in exchange for a $20 donation to Richmond International Raceway Cares—the track’s donor advised fund at The NASCAR Foundation, which assists nonprofits throughout the Greater Richmond Metropolitan Area.
Richmond International Raceway will open its gates for fans to drive five laps around the track during a designated time. Fans must sign up in advance by clicking here. The scheduled dates are:
Saturday, March 9 – 12:00 p.m.
Wednesday, April 10 – 5:00 p.m.
Sunday, May 19 – 12:00 p.m.
Wednesday, June 12 – 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday, July 10 – 5:00 p.m.
Sunday, August 4 – 12:00 p.m.
Wednesday, September 18 – 12:00 p.m.
- To participate, drivers must be 18 years of age or older with a valid state-issued driver’s license.
- Maximum speed is 55 mph, and drivers must stay behind the Pace Car
- Drivers must stay up to speed and refrain from lagging behind in order to speed up. Violation may result in removal from the track.
- Seatbelts must be worn at all times
- Laps may be postponed due to inclement weather.
- Motorcycles are permitted.
- RIR has the right to cancel any date it deems necessary due to weather or safety conditions. If a cancellation is necessary, RIR will make best effort to contact guests in advance of their visit
- Please contact us at 804-228-7500 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions
Last year, RIR Cares Track Laps generated nearly $10,000, with those funds being distributed to local non-profits, including the Children’s Hospital Foundation, Freedom House, Northside Family YMCA, Comfort Zone Camp and Youth Life Foundation of Richmond.
Tickets are on sale now for the Toyota Owners 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Richmond International Raceway. Advance tickets, including seats in Turns 1 and 4, start at $45, and can be purchased online by clicking here or by calling 866-455-7223. Tickets for the ToyotaCare 250 start at $30 in advance and can be purchased online by clicking here or by calling 866-455-7223. Children 12 and younger are admitted free with a ticketed adult in general admission sections on Friday. The weekend begins Thursday, April 25, when the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East returns to RIR for the BLUE OX 100 race. All tickets are general admission and $25, with children 12 and younger admitted free. Click here or call 866-455-7223 to purchase.
- James Hall, Jr. Named Director of Ticket Sales and Guest Services at Richmond International Raceway
- Richmond International Raceway Preparing for Action-Packed 2017
- Hometown Hero Hamlin Wins at Richmond International Raceway
- Kyle Busch Dominates the Virginia529 College Savings Plan 250 at Richmond International Raceway
- Virginia Native Denny Hamlin Will Lead the Field to Green During the Federated Auto Parts 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Race