Fans Invited to Share the LOVE With RIR & Virginia Tourism Corporation Wed., April 3
RIR’s LOVEwork to be Unveiled
Come out Wednesday, April 3, to see RIR's new LOVEwork unveiled!
Richmond International Raceway is extending an open invitation for any and all to attend the official unveiling of the track’s LOVEwork on Wednesday, April 3, at 11:00 a.m. The unveiling will take place at RIR’s main entrance at the corner of Laburnum Avenue and Meadowbridge Rd. Parking is available by entering the property at the main entrance and proceeding through the main gate.
Virginia Tourism Corporation chose Richmond International Raceway as one of 16 sites across the state to build and promote a giant LOVEwork. The LOVEwork structures are the focal point of a social media campaign to share the message that love is at the heart of every Virginia vacation. RIR will join with 20 other existing LOVEwork sculptures found across the state featured on www.virginia.org/LOVE as part of the Virginia is for Lovers tourism marketing campaign.
The RIR staff teamed up to construct the LOVEwork, which is completely race-themed:
- “L” – made from Goodyear tires – the same ones seen weekly in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series
- “O” – wrapped in checkered flag vinyl, symbolizing the checkered flag that waves at the conclusion of a race
- “V” – made of actual racing helmets
- “E” – made of sheet metal that was once part of cars racing in NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and NASCAR Nationwide Series races
- The base for each letter is made from the metal used to construct the SAFER barrier – interior retaining walls at Richmond International Raceway that absorb energy from the impact of cars hitting the wall
Visitors to Richmond International Raceway will be encouraged to take a picture with the LOVEwork and share on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Photos taken by people from throughout the world can be seen at www.Facebook.com/VirginiaisforLovers and on Twitter by searching #LOVEVA. The LOVEwork will be located at the corner of Laburnum Avenue and Meadowbridge Road, providing easy access for visitors to snap photographs. RIR’s LOVEwork will be a focal point during its April 25-27 & September 6-7 NASCAR race weekends, as well as the hundreds of events taking place at Richmond Raceway Complex throughout the year.
Tickets are on sale now for the Toyota Owners 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Richmond International Raceway. Advance tickets, including seats in Turns 1 and 4, start at $45, and can be purchased online by clicking here or by calling 866-455-7223. Tickets for the ToyotaCare 250 start at $30 in advance and can be purchased online by clicking here or by calling 866-455-7223. Children 12 and younger are admitted free with a ticketed adult in general admission sections on Friday. The weekend begins Thursday, April 25, when the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East returns to RIR for the BLUE OX 100 and Denny Hamlin Short Track Showdown presented by FedEx, benefiting the Children’s Hospital of Richmond at VCU. Advance tickets are $25, with children 12 and younger admitted free.Connect with us! You can Like us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter to stay up to date.
- Washington Redskins Quarterback Robert Griffin III to Serve as Honorary Pace Car Driver
- The 5 Ts to an Enjoyable April 25 & 26 NASCAR Race Weekend
- It's a Party in the RVA: Miller Lite Party Zone Relocates to Midway
- RIR Debuts Turn 3 Terrace, Providing Something for Everyone Before & During TOYOTA OWNERS 400
- Fan Hospitality & Pit Pass Options for April 25 & 26 NASCAR Weekend