RVA Food Vendors & National Brands Highlight New Food Options at RIR, April 25, 26 & 27
Foodies Will Enjoy Some of Richmond’s Favorite Bites & Several Worldwide Branded Items
Come taste the local and branded food options at RIR during the April 25, 26 & 27 weekend
Ask any “foodie” in the area, and they’ll tell you Richmond, Virginia has and continues to make huge strides in becoming a culinary destination. RVA will showcase its evolving food scene with several local favorites during the April 25, 26 & 27 NASCAR weekend at Richmond International Raceway, and several national brands will be on site as well.
While at RIR for the NASCAR weekend, fans are encouraged to taste the local:
- Buz & Ned’s Real Barbecue – A Richmond tradition since 1992, Buz & Ned’s has been smoking, chopping, saucing and glazing their cue for nearly 20 years. Whether it’s pork, chicken or brisket, their mouth-watering meats will have you coming back for more.
- Boka Tako Truck – These aren’t your traditional tacos. In fact, Chef Patrick Harris calls them twisted takos. Boka Takos are made using the innovative fusion of global cuisines served in the familiar corn and four tortillas. Their mainstays include American, Asian and Mexican style, with a variety of proteins to choose from. And did you know: many credit Boka with the recent food truck mini-explosion in RVA?
- Grate Pizza – The newest project from Chef Patrick Harris, Grate Pizza marries their unique global fusion with the original global fusion street food medium, pizza. Be introduced to unheard of flavor profiles and textural contrasts with the freshest ingredients, concocting purees that will push the cuisines to its limits with innovative finishing ingredients. Have you never had duck or lamb on your pizza? Try it out!
- Sweet Frog – By now, you’ve probably seen the premium frozen yogurt at one of its 250 stores operating in 23 states. But a fun fact about Sweet Frog is that its original location and birth happened right here in Richmond, at the Short Pump location. Try out a variety of frozen yogurt flavors, with all kinds of toppings to give it your personal flair.
Many fans asked RIR to bring out some nationally-branded food options, and we responded. Here is a list of other recognizable names that will offer food options on race weekend:
- Outback Steakhouse
- Papa John’s Pizza
- Bojangles Famous Chicken ‘n Biscuits
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts and Coffee
- Famous Dave’s
Check out all of these great food offerings before you head inside for a night of old-school, short track racing “under the lights” during the April 25, 26 & 27 NASCAR weekend at Richmond International Raceway.
Tickets are on sale now for the Toyota Owners 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Richmond International Raceway. Advance tickets, including seats in Turns 1 and 4, start at $45, and can be purchased online by clicking here or by calling 866-455-7223. Tickets for the ToyotaCare 250 start at $30 in advance and can be purchased online by clicking here or by calling 866-455-7223. Children 12 and younger are admitted free with a ticketed adult in general admission sections on Friday. The weekend begins Thursday, April 25, when the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East returns to RIR for the BLUE OX 100 and Denny Hamlin Short Track Showdown presented by FedEx, benefiting the Children’s Hospital of Richmond at VCU. Advance tickets are $25, with children 12 and younger admitted free.
- Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe Announces April as Racing Virginia Month
- New Digital Platform, RacingVirginia.com, Set to Propel Motorsports Industry in the Commonwealth
- Jimmie Johnson & NASA Team Up For an Out of This World Race Day at Richmond International Raceway
- Chase University College Program Arrives at Richmond International Raceway
- Midlothian Athletic Club Partners with Richmond International Raceway for the Inaugural Checkered Flag 5K