Matt Kenseth Wins Farm Bureau Insurance Pole Qualifying at Richmond International Raceway
Toyota Driver Will Lead the Field to Green at Tomorrow Night’s Toyota Owners 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Race
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Matt Kenseth set a new track qualifying at Richmond International Raceway today with a lap of 130.334 mph. Kenseth earned his second straight pole award and the 10th of his career. He will lead the field in tomorrow night’s Toyota Owners 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race. Tickets, including seats in Turns 1 and 4, start at $50 and can be purchased by calling 866-455-7223 or visiting a ticket booth at RIR.
This is the fifth time and second straight week that the track qualifying record has been broken since the debut of NASCAR's new Sprint Cup race car, the Gen-6, at the start of this season.
Brian Vickers turned a lap at 130.303 mph to put two Toyotas on the front row of the Toyota Owners 400. "These cars are quick,” Vickers said. “I think we’ve got a great race car for tomorrow night. Only time will tell. Hopefully, this spot will hold up as the sun goes down. The track’s going to pick up speed as the sun drops."
Jeff Gordon was quickest in practice earlier in the day and qualified third by running a lap at 130.303 mph.
"I drove into turn one really deep and just didn’t quite turn as good as I needed it to. I actually got through there really good. Came up a little bit short, but still all-in-all a great day for the Drive to End Hunger Chevrolet.”
Kasey Kahne, qualified fourth, while Clint Bowyer, took the fifth spot.
Juan Pablo Montoya, Joey Logano , Kyle Busch, Martin Truex Jr. and Marcos Ambrose round out the top-10.
Join us tomorrow - Saturday, April 27 - for the Toyota Owners 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Richmond International Raceway. Tickets, including seats in Turns 1 and 4, start at $50, and can be purchased online by clicking here or by calling 866-455-7223.
- Daniel Hemric Takes the Pole Award for ToyotaCare 250 NASCAR XFINITY Series Race
- Nathan’s Famous Hot Dogs Named the Official Hot Dog of Richmond International Raceway
- Matt Kenseth Will Lead the Field to Green in Sunday’s TOYOTA OWNERS 400
- Nick Meeson Wins Inaugural Checkered Flag 5K Sponsored by Bon Secours & Midlothian Athletic Club at Richmond International Raceway
- Speed Into Science Sponsored by Gene Haas Foundation & M&T Bank Takes Students Into the Science of Racing at Richmond International Raceway