Jeff Gordon Fastest in Final NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Practice at RIR
Farm Bureau Insurance Pole Qualifying Coming Up This Afternoon
Jeff Gordon (#24 Drive to the End Hunger Chevrolet) led the way in final practice for the Toyota Owners 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Richmond International Raceway. Gordon posted a speed of 126.963 mph on the challenging ¾-mile oval. Second fastest, at 126.103 mph, was Juan Pablo Montoya (#42 Depend Chevrolet). Rounding out the top 5 are Brian Vickers (#11 FedEx Delivery Manager Toyota), Paul Menard (#27 Menards/CertainTeed Chevrolet), and Jamie McMurray (#1 McDonald’s Chevrolet).
South Boston, Virginia’s Jeff Burton was eighth fastest and defending race winner Kyle Busch (M&M’s Toyota) posted the 15th best time.
Tonight’s action includes the ToyotaCare 250 NASCAR Nationwide Series race and tickets start at $35. Children 12 and younger are admitted free with a ticketed adult in general admission sections on Friday.
Join us tomorrow - Saturday, April 27 - for the Toyota Owners 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Richmond International Raceway featuring Gordon, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Brad Keselowski, Tony Stewart, Jimmie Johnson, and all your favorite drivers. Tickets, including seats in Turns 1 and 4, start at $50, and can be purchased online by clicking here, by calling 866-455-7223 or visiting a ticket booth at RIR.
- An Out of This World Experience with Jimmie Johnson and NASA
- NASCAR Industry Comes Together to Thank Fans With RIR Fan Prizes
- NASCAR Driver Kasey Kahne ‘Nailed It’ at Habitat for Humanity
- Richmond International Raceway Continues Kid-Friendly Focus
- Richmond International Raceway Names Michael Waddell Vice President of Marketing and Communications