NASCAR k&N Pro Series East Driver Same Hunt Kicks Off Race Week at the Children's Museum of Richmond
Pit Stop Exhibit Now Open at CMoR Central Location
NASCAR K&N Pro Series East driver and Midlothian, VA native Sam Hunt and Richmond International Raceway got race week started by celebrating the opening of the Pit Stop exhibit at the Children’s Museum of Richmond’s Central Location (2626 W. Broad St., Richmond, VA 23220).
The event featured a Q&A and a special Story Time with Sam, as he read the book, Racer Buddies: Rematch at Richmond. Fans of all ages were able to tour Sam’s car hauler and see his race car that he’ll drive in Thursday’s BLUE OX 100.
“I had a great time reading to all the young race fans at the Children’s Museum of Richmond today,” said Hunt. “It was really cool to see so many kids take a real interest in racing. I think this new exhibit will be great to help teach our young fans about racing and hopefully they’ll come out and watch us run under the lights at Richmond.”
The Pit Stop exhibit is a traveling, four-piece, interactive display that teaches kids and adults all about the country’s most popular racing series that originally launched in early February at the Chesterfield CMoR location.
The four pieces of the exhibit include:
- The Flag Stand: Visual and interactive explanation of what each flag used during a NASCAR race indicates
- Half Car: Children can sit inside an actual NASCAR race car that has been cut in half to see what it’s like inside the cockpit
- Build Your Own Race Car: Visitors may build small scale cars to race against others, with the opportunity to modify the pieces to make them go faster
- When They Were Young: Historical facts and information about NASCAR drivers, crew chiefs and owners who hail from Virginia
Tickets are on sale now for the Toyota Owners 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Richmond International Raceway. Advance tickets, including seats in Turns 1 and 4, start at $50, and can be purchased online by clicking here or by calling 866-455-7223. Tickets for the ToyotaCare 250 start at $35 in advance and can be purchased online by clicking here or by calling 866-455-7223. Children 12 and younger are admitted free with a ticketed adult in general admission sections on Friday. The weekend begins Thursday, April 25, when the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East returns to RIR for the BLUE OX 100 and Denny Hamlin Short Track Showdown presented by FedEx, benefiting the Children’s Hospital of Richmond at VCU. Advance tickets are $25, with children 12 and younger admitted free.Connect with us! You can Like us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter to stay up to date.
- Keselowski Scores First NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Win at Richmond
- Busch Brings Home Fourth NASCAR Nationwide Series Win of 2014
- Keselowski Wins Fourth Pole of the Season at RIR
- Busch Brings Homes Sixth Pole of the Season at Richmond
- Carl Edwards Fastest in Final NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Practice at RIR