NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Stars Testing "Under the Lights", August 19-21
Fans Invited to Attend Free Event; Grandstands Open at 5:00 p.m. Each Night
Fans are invited to watch some of NASCAR's top stars test in preparation for the Federated Auto Parts 400
Fans are invited to watch NASCAR Sprint Cup Series stars running laps at Richmond International Raceway August 19-21, in advance of next month’s Federated Auto Parts 400 – “One Last Race to Make The Chase” – at America’s Premier Short Track. RIR’s grandstands will be open free to the public from 5:00 to 9:00 p.m. each night.
Drivers will get precious track time “under the lights” in preparation for one of the most anticipated races of the season. Only the top 10 drivers in the point standings and two Wild Cards (drivers who are in positions 11-20 with the most wins) will earn a spot in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup. The way things are shaping up, there could be more than 10 drivers on the proverbial “bubble.”
Participating in the upcoming tests:
Monday, August 19 and Tuesday, August 20
- Brad Keselowski (8th in the point standings; 0 wins)
- Joey Logano (16th in the point standings; 0 wins)
- Casey Mears (24th in the point standings; 0 wins)
Tuesday, August 20 and Wednesday, August 21
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. (6th in the point standings; 0 wins)
- Jeff Gordon (13th in the point standings; 0 wins)
- Jimmie Johnson (1st in the point standings; 4 wins; locked in to the Chase)
- Kasey Kahne (12th in the point standings; 2 wins: #1 Wild Card driver)
- Martin Truex Jr. (10th in the point standings; 1 win)
- Clint Bowyer (2nd in the point standings; 0 wins)
- AJ Allmendinger
Fans may enter Richmond International Raceway through the Main Gate, located at the corner of Laburnum Avenue and Meadowbridge Rd. Parking will be on the Midway, outside of Gate 70. A concessions stand will be open with food and beverages, and fans are allowed to bring in their own food and beverage (no glass allowed).
Tickets are on sale now for the Federated Auto Parts 400 – “One Last Race to Make The Chase.” Many NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers will battle it out for precious points to race their way into The Chase and put it all on the line for an all-important win that translates into Chase bonus points. You’ve got to see it live on Saturday, September 7. Advance tickets, including seats in Turns 1 and 4, start at $45, and can be purchased online by clicking here or by calling 866-455-7223.
Tickets for the Virginia529 College Savings 250 NASCAR Nationwide Series race start at $30 in advance and can be purchased online by clicking here or by calling 866-455-7223. Children 12 and younger are admitted free with a ticketed adult in general admission sections on Friday.
- Richmond International Raceway Honors a NASCAR Legend
- Racing at Richmond – It’s as Simple as Day and Night
- Rusty Wallace Sheds Some Light On Day Racing at RIR
- Matt Kenseth Wins the Federated Auto Parts 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Race at RIR
- Chase Elliott Wins the Virginia529 College Savings Plan 250 NASCAR XFINITY Race