RVA's Stars of NASCAR Festival Coming to RIR Thursday, September 5
Free Event Includes Q&A With NASCAR Drivers, Food Truck Court & Live Music
Come see some of NASCAR's move recognizable drivers and try out the RVA food trucks
There’s no better way to kick off NASCAR race weekend in Richmond than with a free festival on Thursday, September 5, at Richmond International Raceway. RVA’s Stars of NASCAR Festival features some of the top drivers in a Q&A session with fans, followed by live music from The Killing Daylights. Additionally, RVA food trucks will be on hand, with lots of tasty food options available for purchase.
The Q&A lineup includes these drivers, who are eligible for the 2013 Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, but have not yet locked in their spot:
- Dale Earnhardt Jr., driver of the No. 88 Time Warner Cable Chevrolet
- Joey Logano, driver of the No. 22 Shell Pennzoil Ford
- Greg Biffle, driver of the No.16 Scotchgard Ford
- Kurt Busch, driver of the No. 78 Furniture Row/Sealy Chevrolet
- Jeff Gordon, driver of the No. 24 Drive to End Hunger Chevrolet
- Martin Truex Jr., driver of the No. 56 NAPA Auto Parts Toyota
- Ryan Newman, driver of the No. 39 Quicken Loans Chevrolet
- Brad Keselowski, driver of the No. 2 Miller Lite Ford
- Jamie McMurray, driver of the No. 1 Cessna Chevrolet
- Chupacabra (Tex-Mex)
- Carytown Burgers and Fries (burgers)
- King of Pops (gourmet popsicles)
- Mister Softee (ice cream sundaes, cones and shakes)
- Slideways (sliders and smoothies)
- Soul Ice (frozen desserts)
Schedule of Events:
4:30 p.m. Gates open
5:00 p.m. Food trucks begin serving/bar opens
5:30 p.m. NASCAR drivers Q&A begins
6:45 p.m. NASCAR drivers Q&A ends
7:00-8 p.m. The Killing Daylights perform
Fans may enter RIR at Gate 4, located off of Laburnum Ave. between Carolina Ave. and Meadowbridge Rd.
All of this leads into Richmond’s most exciting sports weekend of the year. Tickets are on sale now for the Federated Auto Parts 400 – “One Last Race to Make The Chase.” Many NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers will battle it out for precious points to race their way into The Chase and put it all on the line for an all-important win that translates into Chase bonus points. You’ve got to see it live on Saturday, September 7. Tickets, including seats in Turns 1 and 4, start at $50, and can be purchased online by clicking here or by calling 866-455-7223.
Tickets for the Virginia529 College Savings 250 NASCAR Nationwide Series race start at $35 and can be purchased online by clicking here or by calling 866-455-7223. Children 12 and younger are admitted free with a ticketed adult in general admission sections on Friday.
FeedRVA is a nonprofit organization formed to facilitated the education of communities in the Richmond region on the importance of food systems, healthy/lifelong nutritional habits, and accessibility to quality food.
- NASCAR K&N Pro Series East Returns to RIR
- RIR, Classic Rock 96.5 & NASCAR Driver Sam Hunt Team Up for Food Drive Atop 153-ft Video Scoring Tower
- Tonight's Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony Cancelled
- RIR Kicks Off 9th Annual Central Virginia Food Bank & Marine Toys for Tots Drive
- Kids Pricing Offered in All Grandstands at RIR's NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Races