Jeff Gordon Fastest in Final NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Practice at Richmond International Raceway
Jeff Gordon turned the fastest lap in final practice, in preparation for tomorrow’s Federated Auto Parts 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Richmond International Raceway. Gordon’s fastest lap was 21.211 seconds at a speed of 127.292 mph. Second fastest, at 126.606 mph, was Kyle Busch, followed by Dale Earnhardt Jr., Martin Truex Jr. and Jeff Burton.
Farm Bureau Insurance Pole Qualifying is scheduled to begin at 5:35 pm today for tomorrow’s “One Last Race to Make The Chase” - the Federated Auto Parts 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race. Ten drivers, including Gordon, Earnhardt Jr. and Truex Jr. are fighting for five remaining spots in The Chase, and a shot at the series championship.
The Virginia529 College Savings 250 NASCAR Nationwide Series race waves the green flag at 7:30 pm tonight. Emporia, Virginia’s Elliott Sadler, Brian Vickers, Austin Dillon , Sam Hornish Jr., Justin Allgaier and all your favorite series regulars will battle with several NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers.
Tickets are still on sale for the Virginia529 College Savings 250 – the 1,000th NASCAR Nationwide Series race. Tickets start at $35, with kids 12 and younger admitted free with a ticketed adult in general admission. Tomorrow night’s Federated Auto Parts 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race tickets, including seats in Turns 1 and 4, start at $50.
Tickets can be purchased online by clicking here, by calling 866-455-7223 or visiting a ticket booth at RIR.
- Jimmie Johnson & NASA Team Up For an Out of This World Race Day at Richmond International Raceway
- Chase University College Program Arrives at Richmond International Raceway
- Midlothian Athletic Club Partners with Richmond International Raceway for the Inaugural Checkered Flag 5K
- Weezer to Headline iHeart Media Richmond’s XL102 BFD at The Classic Amphitheater at the Richmond Raceway Complex
- Elvis Costello & The Imposters to Play The Classic Amphitheater at the Richmond Raceway Complex