Carl Edwards Wins Federated Auto Parts 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Race
Carl Edwards closes out the night in Gatorade Victory Lane after winning the Federated Auto Parts 400 at Richmond International Raceway.
"Really, tonight was about three points," said Edwards, after earning his first NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at RIR. "That's what this is about. It was three points for our Chase. I know first hand, we all know up here, what a point in the Chase is worth. We came here with the mission to get those three points."
The race set the field for the 2013 Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. Edwards is joined by Matt Kenseth, Jimmie Johnson, Kyle Busch, Kevin Harvick, Joey Logano, Greg Biffle, Clint Bowyer, Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Kurt Busch; as well as Wild Card drivers Kasey Kahne and Martin Truex Jr.
Two drivers who were in contention to make the Chase throughout the race - Jeff Gordon and Ryan Newman - are left on the outside looking in. Gordon missed the Chase by one point.
- Keselowski Scores First NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Win at Richmond
- Busch Brings Home Fourth NASCAR Nationwide Series Win of 2014
- Keselowski Wins Fourth Pole of the Season at RIR
- Busch Brings Homes Sixth Pole of the Season at Richmond
- Carl Edwards Fastest in Final NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Practice at RIR