Carl Edwards Wins Federated Auto Parts 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Race
Carl Edwards closes out the night in Gatorade Victory Lane after winning the Federated Auto Parts 400 at Richmond International Raceway.
"Really, tonight was about three points," said Edwards, after earning his first NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at RIR. "That's what this is about. It was three points for our Chase. I know first hand, we all know up here, what a point in the Chase is worth. We came here with the mission to get those three points."
The race set the field for the 2013 Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. Edwards is joined by Matt Kenseth, Jimmie Johnson, Kyle Busch, Kevin Harvick, Joey Logano, Greg Biffle, Clint Bowyer, Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Kurt Busch; as well as Wild Card drivers Kasey Kahne and Martin Truex Jr.
Two drivers who were in contention to make the Chase throughout the race - Jeff Gordon and Ryan Newman - are left on the outside looking in. Gordon missed the Chase by one point.
- Richmond International Raceway to Host Inaugural Checkered Flag 5K & Kids Fun Run
- Richmond International Raceway Selects St. John & Partners and PCG SportsDesk Media as New Agencies of Record
- Richmond International Raceway Hosts 13th Annual Community Christmas Tree Lighting
- Richmond International Raceway & AEG Live Announce Exclusive Partnership for The Classic Amphitheater
- Mike Murphy Named Senior Manager of Business Development at Richmond International Raceway