Brian Scott Wins WRIC-TV8 Pole Qualifying for the 1,000th NASCAR Nationwide Series Race at RIR
Brian Scott (#2 Shore Lodge Chevrolet) will take first position at tonight’s 1,000th NASCAR Nationwide Series race after winning the WRIC-TV8 Pole Qualifying with a fast lap of 21.717 seconds at 124.327 mph. Matt Kenseth (#18 Reser’s Toyota) will start second for the Virginia529 250 NASCAR Nationwide Series race with a fast lap of 21.723 seconds at 124.327 mph. Austin Dillon (#3 AdvoCare Chevrolet), Brad Keselowski (#22 Hertz Ford) and Sam Hornish Jr. (#12 Penske Truck Rental Ford) will complete the top 5 line-up.
The Virginia529 College Savings 250 NASCAR Nationwide Series race waves the green flag at 7:30 pm tonight. Emporia, Virginia’s Elliott Sadler, Brian Vickers, Austin Dillon , Sam Hornish Jr., Justin Allgaier and all your favorite series regulars will battle with several NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers.
Tickets are still on sale for tonight’s race starting at $35, with kids 12 and younger admitted free with a ticketed adult in general admission.
Farm Bureau Insurance Pole Qualifying is scheduled to begin at 5:35 pm today for tomorrow’s “One Last Race to Make The Chase” - the Federated Auto Parts 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race. Ten drivers, including Gordon, Earnhardt Jr. and Truex Jr. are fighting for five remaining spots in The Chase, and a shot at the series championship.
Tomorrow night’s Federated Auto Parts 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race tickets, including seats in Turns 1 and 4, start at $50.
Tickets can be purchased online by clicking here, by calling 866-455-7223 or visiting a ticket booth at RIR.
- Richmond International Raceway Announces Washington Redskin Morgan Moses as Honorary Race Official & Former NASCAR Driver/FOX NASCAR Analyst Kenny Wallace as Honorary Pace Car Driver for the TOYOTA OWNERS 400
- Richmond’s WRVA-AM Celebrates 25 Years as The Commonwealth’s Motor Racing Network Flagship
- Navy F-18’s to Perform Flyover for TOYOTA OWNERS 400 at Richmond International Raceway
- GEICO Partners with Richmond International Raceway for Restart Zone and Campground Sponsorship
- New Track Announce Team Set to Give Voice To Richmond’s Spring NASCAR Race Weekend