RIR Hosting 7th Annual Blood Drive
RIR & Virginia Blood Service reunite at Drive for Life blood drive on Sunday, November 10
RIR's Drive for Life has helped donate more than 600 units of blood to VBS.
Richmond International Raceway is hosting its seventh annual Drive for Life, a Virginia Blood Services blood drive, on Sunday, November 10, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., in the track’s infield media center. Participants may enter the property through the Main Gate, off of Laburnum Road. Donors planning to participate are strongly encouraged to register in advance by logging on to www.vablood.org (type in sponsor code: nascar).
"Our fans are not only passionate about racing, but also about helping their neighbors,” said track president Dennis Bickmeier. “We have seen NASCAR fans rally together in times of need and help out one another and the community. I am challenging our fans, and car club challenge participants to step up and support the Drive For Life blood drive. Together we can all make a difference."
As a special incentive, those who donate blood will be able to drive their car around Richmond International Raceway’s ¾-mile track (weather permitting). Donors can also cast their vote for their favorite Car Club, and the Car Club with the most votes gets bragging rights for having the biggest heart.
Over the past six years, Richmond International Raceway’s Drive for Life has collected more than 600 units of blood for the Virginia Blood Services.
“Virginia Blood Services supplies blood to hospitals in Richmond and throughout the state, including four Level I trauma centers; one of which is VCU Medical Center,” said Virginia Blood Services Senior Account Manager, Jenny Madden. “In order to support patients in these hospitals we are required to collect approximately 400 blood donations every day.”
To register in advance or for specific information about donating blood, please contact Virginia Blood Services at 800-989-4438 or visit www.vablood.org.
- Daniel Hemric Takes the Pole Award for ToyotaCare 250 NASCAR XFINITY Series Race
- Nathan’s Famous Hot Dogs Named the Official Hot Dog of Richmond International Raceway
- Matt Kenseth Will Lead the Field to Green in Sunday’s TOYOTA OWNERS 400
- Nick Meeson Wins Inaugural Checkered Flag 5K Sponsored by Bon Secours & Midlothian Athletic Club at Richmond International Raceway
- Speed Into Science Sponsored by Gene Haas Foundation & M&T Bank Takes Students Into the Science of Racing at Richmond International Raceway