RIR Offering Pace Car Rides in Exchange for Charitable Donation on October 20
Proceeds Benefit RIR Cares and The Cullather Brain Tumor & Quality of Life Center
Take a ride around Richmond International Raceway for a good cause on Sunday morning, October 20. Fans may ride five laps around the track in the Pace Car, in exchange for a $10/person donation. Proceeds benefit The Cullather Brain Tumor and Quality of Life Center and RIR Cares – a Donor Advised Fund of The NASCAR Foundation, a 501(c)3 charitable entity that supports community outreach programs and nonprofit charities in the Greater Richmond Area.
Rides will take place from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. on Sunday, October 20. Pre-registration is now closed, but you can still take a Pace Car ride! Click here for instructions.
This event is being held in conjunction with the Central Virginia Celtic Festival and Highland Games on Sunday, October 20, at Richmond Raceway Complex. The traditional dance, live music, festivities, gathering of clans and Highland Games competitions return October 19 & 20, with the festival running from 9 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. each day.
Click here for more information about the Central Virginia Celtic Festival and Highland Games.
- Shuttles will be provided from the Pace Car ride registration tent, located near the Will Call booth by the Amphitheater, to the infield for Pace Car rides, and then back out to the parking area.
- Rides consist of five laps around the track in the Pace Car at a reasonable speed.
- All participants are required to sign a waiver.
- There are no age restrictions; however, all minors must be accompanied by a legal guardian.
- Seatbelts must be worn at all times.
- RIR has the right to reschedule rides, due to weather and/or safety conditions. If we reschedule, we will attempt to contact registrants in advance.
- If you have any questions, please contact RIR at 804-228-7500 or email@example.com.