RIR Celebrates the Five Days of Giving
RIR Cares gives back to local charities.
The Youth Life Foundation of Richmond was one of five local charities who benefited from RIR's Five Days of Giving.
RIR opened up a grant application to be considered for a donation. Richmond International Raceway Cares is a Donor Advised Fund of The NASCAR Foundation, a 501(c)3. RIR Cares is dedicated to assisting charities, causes and events in the community that focus on – but are not limited to – youth, education and recreation.
This year, five Richmond-based nonprofits are receiving grants from RIR Cares:
• Blue Sky Fund ($2,000) – www.blueskyfund.org
• Junior Achievement of Central Virginia ($2,000) – www.jatoday.org
• Richmond Community Tool Bank ($3,000) – www.richmond.toolbank.org
• Northside Family YMCA ($4,000) – www.ymcarichmond.org/northside
• Youth Life Foundation of Richmond ($4,000) – www.ylfr.org
Funds donated to these worthy causes would not be possible without the fans of Richmond International Raceway, who contributed to RIR Cares through events during the 2013 calendar year:
• RIR Cares Track Laps
• Online auctions through The NASCAR Foundation
• Central Virginia Celtic Festival & Highland Games
• Donation from sales of Krispy Kreme doughnuts on race weekends
RIR’s Five Days of Giving comes on the heels of wrapping up a FeedMore/Central Virginia FoodBank drive and Marine Toys for Tots drive.
RIR waves the green flag on its 2014 season April 25 & 26, highlighted by the TOYOTA OWNERS 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race and the ToyotaCare 250 NASCAR Nationwide Series race. Tickets go on sale January 15, 2014, but fans who subscribe to receive promotional e-mails can purchase two days early. Click here to subscribe.
For additional information, please visit www.rir.com or call 866-455-7223. Stay up to date by “Liking” us on Facebook and following on Twitter.
- Richmond International Raceway Honors a NASCAR Legend
- Racing at Richmond – It’s as Simple as Day and Night
- Rusty Wallace Sheds Some Light On Day Racing at RIR
- Matt Kenseth Wins the Federated Auto Parts 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Race at RIR
- Chase Elliott Wins the Virginia529 College Savings Plan 250 NASCAR XFINITY Race