Tonight's Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony Cancelled
Tree Will Be Decorated and Lit This Week; Will Remain Lit Through the Holiday Season
The 2013 Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony is canceled due to inclement weather, but the tree will be lit and decorated for the holiday season
Richmond International Raceway’s Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony, originally scheduled for tonight, is canceled due to inclement weather.
Although tonight’s ceremony is canceled, the Christmas tree WILL be decorated and illuminated this week, and it will shine each night through Christmas. The decorations were constructed by students from Laburnum Elementary School and L. Douglas Wilder Middle School.
The festive holiday season at Richmond International Raceway also includes the ninth annual toy and food drive, benefiting the Marine Toys for Tots program and the Central Virginia Food Bank. Everyone is encouraged to donate a new, unwrapped toy and food items to benefit these great causes. RIR will match every donation received at the track, toy for toy and can for can.
RIR waves the green flag on its 2014 season April 25 & 26, highlighted by the TOYOTA OWNERS 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race and the ToyotaCare 250 NASCAR Nationwide Series race. Tickets go on sale January 15, 2014, but fans who subscribe to receive promotional e-mails can purchase two days early. Click here to subscribe.
- Richmond International Raceway Hosts 13th Annual Community Christmas Tree Lighting
- Richmond International Raceway & AEG Live Announce Exclusive Partnership for The Classic Amphitheater
- Mike Murphy Named Senior Manager of Business Development at Richmond International Raceway
- Richmond International Raceway Announces New Benefits for Richmond Nation Renewals
- James Hall, Jr. Named Director of Ticket Sales and Guest Services at Richmond International Raceway