Tonight's Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony Cancelled
Tree Will Be Decorated and Lit This Week; Will Remain Lit Through the Holiday Season
The 2013 Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony is canceled due to inclement weather, but the tree will be lit and decorated for the holiday season
Richmond International Raceway’s Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony, originally scheduled for tonight, is canceled due to inclement weather.
Although tonight’s ceremony is canceled, the Christmas tree WILL be decorated and illuminated this week, and it will shine each night through Christmas. The decorations were constructed by students from Laburnum Elementary School and L. Douglas Wilder Middle School.
The festive holiday season at Richmond International Raceway also includes the ninth annual toy and food drive, benefiting the Marine Toys for Tots program and the Central Virginia Food Bank. Everyone is encouraged to donate a new, unwrapped toy and food items to benefit these great causes. RIR will match every donation received at the track, toy for toy and can for can.
RIR waves the green flag on its 2014 season April 25 & 26, highlighted by the TOYOTA OWNERS 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race and the ToyotaCare 250 NASCAR Nationwide Series race. Tickets go on sale January 15, 2014, but fans who subscribe to receive promotional e-mails can purchase two days early. Click here to subscribe.
- NASCAR Industry Comes Together to Thank Fans With RIR Fan Prizes
- NASCAR Driver Kasey Kahne ‘Nailed It’ at Habitat for Humanity
- Richmond International Raceway Continues Kid-Friendly Focus
- Richmond International Raceway Names Michael Waddell Vice President of Marketing and Communications
- Central Virginia Celtic Festival and Highland Games Returns to Richmond International Raceway