Tonight's Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony Cancelled
Tree Will Be Decorated and Lit This Week; Will Remain Lit Through the Holiday Season
The 2013 Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony is canceled due to inclement weather, but the tree will be lit and decorated for the holiday season
Richmond International Raceway’s Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony, originally scheduled for tonight, is canceled due to inclement weather.
Although tonight’s ceremony is canceled, the Christmas tree WILL be decorated and illuminated this week, and it will shine each night through Christmas. The decorations were constructed by students from Laburnum Elementary School and L. Douglas Wilder Middle School.
The festive holiday season at Richmond International Raceway also includes the ninth annual toy and food drive, benefiting the Marine Toys for Tots program and the Central Virginia Food Bank. Everyone is encouraged to donate a new, unwrapped toy and food items to benefit these great causes. RIR will match every donation received at the track, toy for toy and can for can.
RIR waves the green flag on its 2014 season April 25 & 26, highlighted by the TOYOTA OWNERS 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race and the ToyotaCare 250 NASCAR Nationwide Series race. Tickets go on sale January 15, 2014, but fans who subscribe to receive promotional e-mails can purchase two days early. Click here to subscribe.
- How Sweet It Is: M&M’s® Crispy Pole Qualifying at Richmond International Raceway on April 24
- Gwaltney Turn 3 Fun Zone Returns to Richmond International Raceway With More Family Fun
- Two Legendary NASCAR Last Names and a Country Music Star on One Stage at Richmond International Raceway
- Preview NASCAR’s Stars On-Track Before the Green Flag at Richmond International Raceway
- Denny Hamlin Visits RICHMOND NATION