Track Takeover at RIR - If You're A Fan, You're Invited
Every Ticket Gets You Up Close and Personal With the Track You Love
EVERY ticket holder can sign the Start/Finish Line, walk the entire track, enjoy driver Q&As, and experience live music
It’s been said that NASCAR is the most fan-friendly and accessible sport in the world. Richmond International Raceway is taking it to the next level with Track Takeover. Quite simply: if you’re a fan, you’re invited!
All fans who have a ticket for the Saturday, April 26, TOYOTA OWNERS 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at RIR will have FREE access to RIR’s track surface, allowing you to get up close and personal with the track you love, just hours before the green flag waves.
This is every sports fan’s dream! Think of how cool it would be to feel the grass on an NFL field or kick up some dirt at an MLB stadium. We’re making it happen NASCAR-style at RIR when your feet hit the very pavement that your favorite driver will be racing on later that evening. You can even sign the Start/Finish line!
RIR is providing ticket holders of all ages with fun and interactive activities to enjoy from 2:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.:
- The Start/Finish Line will be a lively and energetic atmosphere, complete with NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Q&A sessions and live music for the entire 2½ hours of access. Don’t forget to leave a good luck message for your driver on the start/finish line.
- On the backstretch, you’ll enjoy educational and interactive components that appeal to all levels and ages. Fans will be able to see and touch the sport, and gain a unique perspective into the “behind the scenes” aspect of NASCAR.
- Take a Lap and enjoy a stroll around our ¾-mile D-shaped oval, just hours before the cars speed around at 150 mph! We’ll show you some photo opportunities along the way at designated memorable spots around the track. Remember in 2008 when Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Kyle Busch collided just a few laps before the checkered flag? How about when Martin Truex Jr. rode the backstretch wall in 2005? We’ll show you where these happened, and you’re encouraged to take a snapshot to share with your friends and followers. Don’t forget to use #TrackTakeover.
We’re developing Track Takeover in response to fan feedback we’ve received. You, the fan, told us you want more access and more value. Every fan – whether you come every year, are making your first trip, or coming back after a while – will leave with a lifetime memory that only RIR is providing. This program delivers more value into EVERY race ticket for EVERY fan.
There’s no better time to find your seats for the TOYOTA OWNERS 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at RIR on Saturday, April 26. CLICK HERE or call 866-455-7223 to find tickets, which start at just $35 in advance. NEW IN 2014: tickets for kids 12 & younger are $25 off the adult ticket price in every grandstand.
The April NASCAR weekend at RIR begins on Friday, April 25, with two races in one night. Catch the ToyotaCare 250 NASCAR Nationwide Series race and the BLUE OX 100 NASCAR K&N Pro Series East race, where kids 12 & younger are admitted free with a ticketed adult. Your Friday ticket also includes Farm Bureau Insurance Pole Qualifying for NASCAR Sprint Cup and NBC12 Pole Qualifying for NASCAR Nationwide Series. Tickets start at just $30 in advance. CLICK HERE or call 866-455-7223.
- Matt Kenseth Wins the Federated Auto Parts 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Race at RIR
- Chase Elliott Wins the Virginia529 College Savings Plan 250 NASCAR XFINITY Race
- Joey Logano Runs Away with Department of Veterans Affairs Pole Qualifying
- Kyle Busch Tops the Board in NBC12 Pole Qualifying for the NASCAR XFINITY Series
- Richmond International Raceway Goes Gold to Honor Jeff Gordon and Support Childhood Cancer Awareness