Washington Redskins Quarterback Robert Griffin III to Serve as Honorary Pace Car Driver
Robert Griffin III will lead the field of 43 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers to the green flag Saturday night!
It started with a tweet from Dale Earnhardt Jr. (@DaleJr) to Robert Griffin III (@RGIII), followed by some chiming in from Richmond International Raceway President Dennis Bickmeier (@RIRprez) and RIR (@RIRinsider). What began as a Twitter conversation about a month ago has resulted in Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III driving the Official Pace Car to start this Saturday’s TOYOTA OWNERS 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race.
Griffin will join thousands of fans who align with the Redskins and NASCAR, just a short trip south of Washington, DC. Prior to Griffin leading the field of 43 NASCAR drivers to the Green Flag, he’ll go through Pace Car training, spend some time with his pal Dale Earnhardt Jr., and get together with legendary Washington Redskins Coach and NASCAR team owner Joe Gibbs for a garage tour.
Join us at Richmond International Raceway this Saturday for the TOYOTA OWNERS 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race. Tickets start at just $40, and can be purchased by clicking here or calling 866-455-7223.
The weekend begins Friday with a doubleheader race night, featuring the ToyotaCare 250 NASCAR Nationwide Series race and the BLUE OX 100 NASCAR K&N Pro Series East race. Friday’s ticket includes pole qualifying for all three series! Tickets start at $35, with kids 12 & younger admitted free with a ticketed adult in general admission. Click here or call 866-455-7223 for tickets.
- NASCAR Embarks on Third Annual Race to Green Effort
- How Sweet It Is: M&M’s® Crispy Pole Qualifying at Richmond International Raceway on April 24
- Gwaltney Turn 3 Fun Zone Returns to Richmond International Raceway With More Family Fun
- Two Legendary NASCAR Last Names and a Country Music Star on One Stage at Richmond International Raceway
- Preview NASCAR’s Stars On-Track Before the Green Flag at Richmond International Raceway