The 5 Ts to an Enjoyable April 25 & 26 NASCAR Race Weekend
Top 5 Things Every Fan Should Do While at America’s Premier Short Track
There are dozens of things to enjoy at RIR April 25 & 26. Here are five to keep in mind.
We could probably name 50 activities to guarantee a memorable April 25 & 26 NASCAR race weekend at Richmond International Raceway, but we’re paring that list down to the Top 5 things every fan should do while at America’s Premier Short Track for the TOYOTA OWNERS 400 weekend.
1) Track Takeover: It’s the most fan-friendly amenity in NASCAR today and you’ve got to be a part of it. Get up close and personal with the track you love just hours before your favorite drivers fire their engines. From 2:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., all ticket holders are invited to walk on the track! On the frontstretch you can enjoy NASCAR driver Q&As (including Kyle Busch & Ryan Newman), sign the Start/Finish line and rock out to live music. On the backstretch, touch the sport with Goodyear racing tires and a tour of a real NASCAR hauler, and meet the new NASCAR Next Class. TRACK TAKEOVER INFO.
2) Toyota Midway Display: At TOYOTA PITPASS, fans are treated to Toyota Racing driver appearances, experience what 36 degrees of banking feels like, explore the full range of Toyota vehicles, and play games to win prizes. Make sure you visit the Toyota Driver Center, where fans 18 years and older with a valid driver’s license can drive a custom-built off-road course, testing out the features of Toyota Trucks and SUVs. Plus, you get a free gift!
3) Tailgate: There’s nothing better than an all-day tailgate at Richmond International Raceway. Parking lots open at 7:00 a.m. so you can enjoy a day outside at America’s Premier Short Track. Pack your cooler with all your tailgate essentials and get ready to fire up your grill and crack open those beverages at the best party around. And if you forgot to bring a few items, there’s an on-site Kroger store in Parking Lot D. TAILGATE INFO.
4) Tag Us: You may have heard the phrase “Picture, or it never happened!” It’s true. Make sure you’re sharing your NASCAR race weekend experience with all your friends and followers on social media. We have a few hashtags you’ll want to keep handy: #TOYOTAOWNERS400, #ToyotaCare250, #BLUEOX100, #TrackTakeover, and #RIRselfie. What’s a #RIRselfie, you ask? Click here to find out what it is and how you can win some prizes. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Instagram (@RIRinsider).
5) Turn 3 Terrace featuring the Outback Bloomin’ Zone: Open to all fans before AND during the TOYOTA OWNERS 400, take a stroll down RIR Memory Lane and learn about many historical and monumental moments throughout our legacy that spans more than 60 years; relax at the Decades Trackside Bar with outdoor seating, which is sure to be a hot spot throughout the day and night; and soak in a Kevin Harvick Q&A (3:45 p.m.), take a photo of Harvick’s No. 4 Outback showcar, and enjoy tasty Outback Steakhouse fare. TURN 3 TERRACE INFO.
Join Dale Earnhardt Jr., Denny Hamlin, Tony Stewart, Jeff Gordon and all your favorite NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers at the TOYOTA OWNERS 400 on Saturday, April 26. CLICK HERE or call 866-455-7223 to find tickets. Every fan who has a ticket to the TOYOTA OWNERS 400 can take advantage of Track Takeover. If you’re a fan, you’re invited to get up close and personal with the track you love. Take a stroll on the very pavement your favorite drivers will be racing on and enjoy entertainment, including Q&As with NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers.
The April NASCAR weekend at RIR begins on Friday, April 25, with two races in one night. Catch the ToyotaCare 250 NASCAR Nationwide Series race and the BLUE OX 100 NASCAR K&N Pro Series East race, where kids 12 & younger are admitted free with a ticketed adult. Your Friday ticket also includes Farm Bureau Insurance Pole Qualifying for NASCAR Sprint Cup and NBC12 Pole Qualifying for NASCAR Nationwide Series. CLICK HERE or call 866-455-7223 for tickets.
- James Hall, Jr. Named Director of Ticket Sales and Guest Services at Richmond International Raceway
- Richmond International Raceway Preparing for Action-Packed 2017
- Hometown Hero Hamlin Wins at Richmond International Raceway
- Kyle Busch Dominates the Virginia529 College Savings Plan 250 at Richmond International Raceway
- Virginia Native Denny Hamlin Will Lead the Field to Green During the Federated Auto Parts 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Race