NASCAR Drivers & Exhibits Added to Track Takeover Backstretch
Take a glimpse inside a NASCAR hauler, walk around the Goodyear tire display and see all the other backstretch entertainment at Track Takeover.
Richmond International Raceway’s Track Takeover isn’t just about the frontstretch entertainment. There’s also plenty of fun on the backstretch, where every ticket gets you up close and personal with the track you love on Saturday, April 26, just hours before the green flag waves for the TOYOTA OWNERS 400.
Join us for the first public appearance and autograph session by the NASCAR Next class, and take a tour of NASCAR K&N Pro Series driver Kenzie Ruston’s hauler. Enjoy educational and interactive components that appeal to fans of all levels and ages, including race used and new Goodyear tires that show the differences and special markings teams put on the tires. Don’t miss the opportunity to see and touch the sport, and gain a unique perspective into the “behind the scenes” aspect of NASCAR.
If you’re coming, tell your friends by sharing on social media using #TrackTakeover.
Additional fun and interactive activities that all ticket holders can enjoy from 2:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. include:
- Frontstretch Q&A sessions headlined by NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers Kyle Busch and Ryan Newman, funky rock & roll music from The Shack Band, and witty banter and commentary from event hosts Sam and Mason of Classic Rock 96.5.
- Take a Lap and enjoy a stroll around our ¾-mile D-shaped oval, just hours before the cars speed around at 150 mph! We’ll show you some photo opportunities along the way at designated memorable spots around the track. Remember in 2008 when Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Kyle Busch collided just a few laps before the checkered flag? How about when Martin Truex Jr. rode the backstretch wall in 2005? We’ll show you where these happened, and you’re encouraged to take a snapshot to share with your friends and followers. Don’t forget to use #TrackTakeover.
Please note: although coolers are permitted inside the grandstand gates, fans may not bring coolers onto the track during Track Takeover.
There’s no better time to find your seats for the TOYOTA OWNERS 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at RIR on Saturday, April 26. CLICK HERE or call 866-455-7223 to find tickets, which start at just $35 in advance. NEW IN 2014: tickets for kids 12 & younger are $25 off the adult ticket price in every grandstand.
The April NASCAR weekend at RIR begins on Friday, April 25, with two races in one night. Catch the ToyotaCare 250 NASCAR Nationwide Series race and the BLUE OX 100 NASCAR K&N Pro Series East race, where kids 12 & younger are admitted free with a ticketed adult. Your Friday ticket also includes Farm Bureau Insurance Pole Qualifying for NASCAR Sprint Cup and NBC12 Pole Qualifying for NASCAR Nationwide Series. Tickets start at just $30 in advance. CLICK HERE or call 866-455-7223.
- Richmond International Raceway Names Michael Waddell Vice President of Marketing and Communications
- Central Virginia Celtic Festival and Highland Games Returns to Richmond International Raceway
- Victory Lap: Kentucky
- Inaugural Fan Appreciation Weekend at Richmond International Raceway Says Thank You to Fans
- Hey Fans, “Who’s Your Driver?”